Recipe Card for Chicken Ghee Roast Masala
Melt in mouth Chicken bites roasted in curds for perfection.
- 800 grams Chicken Skinless curry cut pieces
- 1 Cup Curds
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Paste or 6-8 garlic cloves crushed to paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger paste or 1" ginger crushed to paste
- 3 Green Chilly Slit
- 1 Tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 5 Sprig Curry leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Cashew bits
- 11/2 Tsp Salt or as required
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
Heat oil in a pan,add 2 sprigs curry leaves, chopped onions ,slit green chillies and fry well.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till raw smell goes off.
Add coriander , chilly powder and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder and mix well.
Add washed chicken, salt ,mix well and saute for 5 minutes ,till chicken colour changes.
When chicken color starts to change, close lid and continue to cook chicken till almost done.
Take 1 cup curds and divide into 1/4 cup each,add 1/4 cup curds to chicken and roast chicken well on high heat till curds get absorbed completely.
Add another 1/4 cup of curds and repeat the process of roasting chicken .
Repeat this procedure of adding curds and cooking on high flame for 4 times ,till you finish all curds completely.
Heat tadka pan,add ghee,curry leaves,cashews fry well,add crushed black pepper powder and pour it over chicken.
Add coriander leaves,lime juice and mix well.
Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- Make sure to add curds once chicken is cooked.Keep flame high add curds and roast 4 times.
- 4th time when you add curds,mix well fry chicken and before it get dried ,Turn off the heat so that moisture remains and chicken will be still soft.
- Take care not to overcook chicken,or else it turns hard.
- Taste for this dish mainly comes from roasting chicken, 4 times with curds and also the final ghee tadka.
- You can completely dry this and can be served as starter also
Step by Step Directions:
Heat oil in a pan,add curry leaves, onions ,slit green chillies and fry well.
Add ginger garlic paste,dry powders, ajinamoto . Add washed chicken, salt and fry well and close the lid and cook chicken till almost done.
Divide 1 cup curds into 1/4 cup each,add 1/4 cup curds and roast chicken well on high heat till curds get absorbed completely.
Repeat this for another 3 times till you complete all the curds and cook till dry.
In a small pan,add ghee,curry leaves,cashews fry well,add crushed black pepper powder and pour it over chicken.
Garnish coriander leaves and Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion.