Mixed Chutney powder is a accompaniment that is used along with Idli,Dosa,Roti ,Akki Roti ,Chapathi and even steamed rice.
There are wide varieties of chutney powder like ,groundnut ,flax seeds, dry coconut ,garlic ,curry leaves, dal and many more chutney powders option is endless ,left to one’s likes, dislikes and balancing of flavours.
The recipe I’m posting here is a simple ,mixed chutney powder with few basic and easily available ingredients and spices from our kitchen. I call this as mixed chutney powder as I have used groundnuts,dry coconut ,garlic,curry leaves as main ingredients and few others spices for blending. If stored in airtight container,stays good for about 15 days or more.Serve as an accompaniment along with sambar or chutney for Dosa ,Idly ,Akki Roti and even Chapathi.
Recipe card for Mixed Chutney Powder
A Perfect Accompaniment for Idly/Dosa/Akki Roti
- 1 Cup Groundnuts or 175 grams
- 1/2 Cup Dry Coconut or 50 grams
- 1/4 cup Garlic cloves
- 8 Sprigs Curry leaves
- 15 no's Dry Red Chilly Kashmiri or Guntur
- 1 Tbsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera Seeds
- 1.5 Tbsp Tamarind Firmly pressed
- 1.5 Tbsp Jagger Powder Organic
- 1.5 Tbsp Rock Salt
On an iron griddle/tawa ,dry roast groundnut skin starts peeling, keep it aside.
Dry roast dry coconut ,followed by dry red chilly, roast it till crisp.
Add curry leaves,let it crisp and jeera seeds and turn of the heat and keep all the previously roasted ingredients on tawa ,allow it to cool for 15-20 minutes.
Take a dry mixer jar, add all the roasted ingredients ,garlic ,tamarind,jaggery and rock salt. Blend to a fine powder.
Store it in a airtight container.
1.Do not brown /over roast any of the ingredient.It should be perfectly roasted and should be crisp.
2.While blending in jar,blend periodically by giving 1 minute break between ,as groundnut and coconut both start releasing oil, scrape the edges and blend.
Step By Step Directions on making of Mixed Chutney Powder:
1.Keep all the ingredients ready.
2.On a Iron tava /griddle ,dry roast groundnuts ,till skin starts to peel.Once down keep it aside.
3. Keep flame low and add roughly sliced dry coconut on hot griddle ,dry roast it followed by dry red chillies.Roast red chillies ,till you get pungent smell of red chillies.
4.Now ,add curry leaves and allow it till crisp.Add jeera seeds , and turn off the heat.
5. Place all the roasted ingredients on the hot tawa. Let it cool down completely .Takes about 15-20 minutes. (No need to dry roast garlic, i just kept it on hot griddle with all other ingredients).
6.Once it cools, put all the ingredients along with tamarind ,salt , jaggery and blend to powder . As coconut and groundnut release oil while grounding, give 1 minute gap ,scrape the edges of grinder with clean dry spoon and again continue to blend ,till it done.
Store it in an airtight container and use it as required.