Recipe Card for Chicken Ghee Roast Masala
Chicken Ghee Roast Masala
- 800 grams Chicken Skinless curry cut pieces
- 1 Cup Curds
- 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Paste or 6-8 garlic cloves crushed to paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger paste or 1" ginger crushed to paste
- 3 Green Chilly Slit
- 1 Tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 5 Sprig Curry leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Cashew bits
- 11/2 Tsp Salt or as required
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- Heat oil in a pan,add 2 sprigs curry leaves, chopped onions ,slit green chillies and fry well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry well till raw smell goes off.
- Add coriander , chilly powder and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder and mix well.
- Add washed chicken, salt ,mix well and saute for 5 minutes ,till chicken colour changes.
- When chicken color starts to change, close lid and continue to cook chicken till almost done.
- Take 1 cup curds and divide into 1/4 cup each,add 1/4 cup curds to chicken and roast chicken well on high heat till curds get absorbed completely.
- Add another 1/4 cup of curds and repeat the process of roasting chicken .
- Repeat this procedure of adding curds and cooking on high flame for 4 times ,till you finish all curds completely.
- Heat tadka pan,add ghee,curry leaves,cashews fry well,add crushed black pepper powder and pour it over chicken.
- Add coriander leaves,lime juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion rings.
- Make sure to add curds once chicken is cooked.Keep flame high add curds and roast 4 times.
- 4th time when you add curds,mix well fry chicken and before it get dried ,Turn off the heat so that moisture remains and chicken will be still soft.
- Take care not to overcook chicken,or else it turns hard.
- Taste for this dish mainly comes from roasting chicken, 4 times with curds and also the final ghee tadka.
- You can completely dry this and can be served as starter also
Step by Step Directions:
Heat oil in a pan,add curry leaves, onions ,slit green chillies and fry well.
Add ginger garlic paste,dry powders, ajinamoto . Add washed chicken, salt and fry well and close the lid and cook chicken till almost done.
Divide 1 cup curds into 1/4 cup each,add 1/4 cup curds and roast chicken well on high heat till curds get absorbed completely.
Repeat this for another 3 times till you complete all the curds and cook till dry.
In a small pan,add ghee,curry leaves,cashews fry well,add crushed black pepper powder and pour it over chicken.
Garnish coriander leaves and Serve hot with lemon wedges and onion.