Lemon Coriander Chicken Soup recipe with step by step photos and short video. This is a delicious Chicken soup made from chicken stock and lots of fresh coriander and lemon juice. Vitamin C enriched soup with protein can be your BFF during winter in your weight loss journey . Step by step photos and recipe details are shared here, so that you can make a healthy soup at comfort of your home within few minutes.
Nothing beats winter months like warming soup ,winter dinners can be made complete with a hot bowl of soup.Lemon Coriander Chicken soup helps us to stay warm and cozy on a cold day.Lemon and Coriander both are loaded with Vitamin C and helps to fight against cold and cough during winters.
It's my favourite bowl of comfort for dinner,nothing can comfort me like wrapping hands around a warm bowl of soup.Why don't you try it for a winter dinner to warm up yourself and boost your immunity with loaded Vitamin C.
One more quick and easy , fusion desi style chicken soup I often prepare at home is Chicken Macaroni Soup , you can try this simple soup with loaded desi flavours.
RECIPE CARD FOR LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN SOUP
Lemon Coriander Chicken Soup
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- ½ tablespoon Clarified Butter / oil
- 11/4 Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Carrot ,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Green beans, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilly, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger ,finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Celery stalk
- 5 cups Chicken Stock , - refer notes
- ½ cup Cooked chicken , small pieces/ shredded
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 21/2 -3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Pepper Powder or as required
- 1 teaspoon Salt or as required
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil,add chopped garlic,ginger,onion and all other chopped veggies and saute for a minute.
- Add ¾ Cup chopped coriander leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add chicken stock/Broth and bring it to boil.Add cooked shredded chicken,cook for a minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of celery stalks chopped , optional
- Dissolve 2 teaspoon of cornflour in 2 tablespoon Water,add to the above chicken stock,cook for 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add remaining coriander leaves, lemon juice,salt and pepper. Serve Hot
- For chicken stock , find the recipe here.
- Always add lime juice just before serving the soup , keeping it for longer time period may turn bitter.
- Never reheat soup once after adding lime juice.
Step -By- Step Directions To make Lemon Coriander Chicken Soup
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and ½ tablespoon of butter.
Add chopped onion ,garlic and ginger. Saute till raw smell goes off.
Now add in finely chopped vegetables and saute for a minute.
Add ¾ cup chopped coriander leaves and saute till coriander leaves wilts.
Add 5 cups of chicken stock and bring to boil. You can check chicken stock recipe here. (If you don't have chicken stock,You can cook chicken bones /chicken with a bay leaf,1 " inch cinnamon stick, 1 clove ,half onion,celery and 5 ½ cups of water ,simmer and cook till water reduces to 4 ½ cups. Strain the stock and use it.)
Add celery stalks chopped , optional
Add ½ cup of cooked , shredded or small pieces of chicken .Mix well and bring it to boil.
Dissolve 1 tablespoon cornflour in 2 tablespoon water , add it to the above chicken stock.
Cook for 2-3 minutes , till reaches the desired consistency and turn off the stove.
Add ½ cup chopped coriander leaves and 3 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Add pepper powder and salt to taste.
Serve hot .