Lemon Coriander Chicken Soup recipe with step by step photos and short video. This is a delicious Chicken soup made from chicken stock and lots of fresh coriander and lemon juice. Vitamin C enriched soup with protein can be your BFF during winter in your weight loss journey . Step by step photos and recipe details are shared here, so that you can make a healthy soup at comfort of your home within few minutes.
Nothing beats winter months like warming soup ,winter dinners can be made complete with a hot bowl of soup.Lemon Coriander Chicken soup helps us to stay warm and cozy on a cold day.Lemon and Coriander both are loaded with Vitamin C and helps to fight against cold and cough during winters.
It’s my favourite bowl of comfort for dinner,nothing can comfort me like wrapping hands around a warm bowl of soup.Why don’t you try it for a winter dinner to warm up yourself and boost your immunity with loaded Vitamin C.
One more quick and easy , fusion desi style chicken soup I often prepare at home is Chicken Macaroni Soup , you can try this simple soup with loaded desi flavours.
RECIPE CARD FOR LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN SOUP
Lemon Coriander Chicken Soup
- 1 Tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Clarified Butter / oil
- 11/4 Cup Fresh Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Carrot ,finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Green beans, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Green Chilly, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger ,finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Celery stalk
- 5 cups Chicken Stock , - refer notes
- 1/2 cup Cooked chicken , small pieces/ shredded
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 21/2 -3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Pepper Powder or as required
- 1 Tsp Salt or as required
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil,add chopped garlic,ginger,onion and all other chopped veggies and saute for a minute.
- Add 3/4 Cup chopped coriander leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add chicken stock/Broth and bring it to boil.Add cooked shredded chicken,cook for a minute.
- Add 1 Tbsp of celery stalks chopped , optional
- Dissolve 2 Tsp of cornflour in 2 Tbsp Water,add to the above chicken stock,cook for 2 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add remaining coriander leaves, lemon juice,salt and pepper. Serve Hot
- For chicken stock , find the recipe here.
- Always add lime juice just before serving the soup , keeping it for longer time period may turn bitter.
- Never reheat soup once after adding lime juice.
Step -By- Step Directions To make Lemon Coriander Chicken Soup
Heat 1 Tbsp of oil and 1/2 Tbsp of butter.
Add chopped onion ,garlic and ginger. Saute till raw smell goes off.
Now add in finely chopped vegetables and saute for a minute.
Add 3/4 cup chopped coriander leaves and saute till coriander leaves wilts.
Add 5 cups of chicken stock and bring to boil. You can check chicken stock recipe here. (If you don’t have chicken stock,You can cook chicken bones /chicken with a bay leaf,1 ” inch cinnamon stick, 1 clove ,half onion,celery and 5 1/2 cups of water ,simmer and cook till water reduces to 4 1/2 cups. Strain the stock and use it.)
Add celery stalks chopped , optional
Add 1/2 cup of cooked , shredded or small pieces of chicken .Mix well and bring it to boil.
Dissolve 1 Tbsp cornflour in 2 tbsp water , add it to the above chicken stock.
Cook for 2-3 minutes , till reaches the desired consistency and turn off the stove.
Add 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves and 3 Tbsp of lemon juice.
Add pepper powder and salt to taste.
Serve hot .