Classic Egg Salad Recipe
Classic Egg Salad is a simple , quick and easy egg salad made with boiled eggs , mayonnaise , dijon mustard , herbs and seasoning. It's gets ready within 15 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 2-3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 4 tablespoon Onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Celery Stalk
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro or Parsley finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Lime Juice
- ½ teaspoon Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli flakes as required
- Salt to taste
Hard boil eggs for 12 minutes and turn off the stove. Cover with ice cold water and keep it aside for few minutes. Tap , break and peel the egg shell. You can chill eggs , before using in the recipe.
Chop Eggs and transfer into a salad mixing bowl.
Now finely chop onion , celery , parsley or cilantro and any other herbs ,if using.
Season eggs with salt and pepper powder.
Add finely chopped onions and herbs into mixing bowl.
Now add mayonnaise, dijon mustard and chilli flakes.
Mix well everything and serve.
- A good quality, full fat mayonnaise works well here . Though , you can use and flavored mayonnaise of your choice . My personal favorite is Garlic Flavored Mayonnaise to make this classic egg salad