Masala Akki Roti | Rice Flour Roti | Gluten Free Roti
Masala akki Roti is a Gluten Free and Healthy Roti from Karnataka ,it is made out of rice flour ,green leafy vegetables , herbs and spices.
Servings 5 Makes
- 1 Cup Rice Flour
- 1 ½ - 1 ¾ Cup Water or as required
- ¾ Cup Dill Leaves or Methi Leaves or Palak
- 1 Big Onion finely Chopped
- 1 Green Chilli Finely Chopped
- 2 Sprigs Curry Leaves Chopped
- 1 no Carrot grated ,optional
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds Optional
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt or as required
Bring water to boil in a wide open vessel.
Add Rice flour ,Salt and oil to boiling water . Mix everything thoroughly such that there are no lumps.
Close it with a lid and keep it on a sim for 5 minutes.
Turn off the flame and allow it to get warm. Add all the chopped greens, onion ,carrot,green chillies and cumin seeds.
Mix everything with rice flour and knead well till it's smooth. Pinch dough and make 4-5 balls.
Dust some flour , using rolling pin, roll 5-6 " inch round roti.
Heat Iron griddle/ tawa ,Put roti on tawa, cook evenly on both sides by drizzling some oil. Takes 3-4 minutes to cook.
- Amount of water depends on the quality of rice flour, 1 ½ cup water was sufficient for me it may take up to 1 ¾ cup .
- If dough becomes too thin, add some more rice flour . If it becomes tight sprinkle some hot water and knead the dough.
- After adding greens and onions , it does leaves some water. So make a firm dough before adding veggies.