Tea Masala Powder
Aromatic Chai Masala Powder for your regular Indian Tea
Servings 50 grams
- 7-8 1 " inch Cinnamon sticks
- 7 Cloves
- 15 Green Cardamom Pods
- 4 1 "inch Dry Ginger
- 1 Nutmeg Crushed
- 2 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Black Peppercorns
- 1 Star Anise
To Make Chai
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml whole milk
- 2 teaspoon Tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon chai masala powder
How to make Chai Masala Powder
Heat Iron Griddle and dry roast all the ingredients till you get nice aroma,it takes 2-3 minutes.
Take measures not to burn or change the colour of spices.
Once it cools down,transfer to a dry grinding jar and ground to fine powder.
Store it in a dry air tight container,makes around 50 grams of masala powder.
How to make Chai
In a sauce pan heat 150 ml of water .
Add 2 teaspoon of Tea leaves and bring it to rolling boil. Tea leaves boils well and releases color.
Now add 150 ml of milk and boil well.
Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon of prepared chai masala .
Let it steep in for 2 minutes on simmer.
Strain prepared tea an serve hot !
- Keeping this recipe as a basic ,you can enhance any flavour of your choice.
- Adding 1inch cinnamon stick while preparing masala chai,gives you cinnamon flavoured Tea.
- Likewise ,you can add Cardamom ,Fresh Ginger and lemon grass to get respective flavours of chai.