Seekh Kebab | Easy Chicken Seekh Kebab
Spiced and Flavourful minced chicken skewered to cylindrical shape and grilled.
Servings 5 People
For Green Masala paste
- 1 no Onion medium size
- 6 no Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3-4 no Green Chillies , Use less spice Chillies
- 10 no Whole Cashewnuts
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves
To make seekh kebab
- 500 grams Chicken Breast or Minced Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Chat Masala
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- prepared green masala blend
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Gram Flour / Besan
- 1 teaspoon Salt or as required
- 1 teaspoon Butter / Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Oil to grease pan
For Green Masala Paste
In a small mixer jar / blender . add 1 medium size onion ,6 garlic cloves , 1 inch ginger ,4 green chillies , 2 tablespoon coriander leaves and 10 whole cashews. Blend to smooth paste without adding water.
To make seekh Kabab
Wash chicken breast and pat it dry . Place in a food processor and ground the meat to smooth.
Add above prepared green masala paste and spices to minced meat . Blend everything once again ,such that masala and spices are well incorporated with meat.
Take skewers ,shape meat around the skewers in a cylindrical shape . Place this in refrigerator for 30 minutes.If you are using bamboo skewers , soak in water prior 30 minutes and then use the sticks.
To bake in Oven
Preheat the oven to 200 deg celsius.
Grease the oven tray with oil , and arrange the skewers . Drizzle some oil / butter on top of the meat .
Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes . Half the way around 10 min , take out the tray from oven ,turn the skewers to other side ,baste some oil/ butter and put it back in oven . Continue to bake.
Once done ,change to grill mode and grill for another 4 minutes to get that charred look. If you are not infusing smoke flavour ( charcoal smoking or dhungar method) then you can serve Seekh Kebab straight away or else proceed to next step for Dhungar Method.
To make on stove top
In a frying pan , grease ½ teaspoon of mustard oil .
Arrange skewers on frying pan and cook on medium heat rotating skewers at equal intervals.
Once everything is evenly cooked and turns golden brown on both sides , proceed to infuse smoke using Dhungar Method( Smoking technique)
Charcoal Smoking Technique / Dhungar Method :
Heat a small piece of charcoal on a flame till red hot, with the help of tongs ,keep rotating the charcoal piece till it evenly burns .
In a small bowl , place red hot charcoal and add ½ teaspoon of oil .
Place it immediately inside the Seekh Kebab tray and close it tight , so that smoke gets infused with kebab. Allow smoke to infuse for a minute.
Serve Seekh Kebab garnished with coriander leaves , lemon wedges and mint chutney.
- If you don't have oven or tandoor or barbeque , alternatively you can cook on grill pan or tava.
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter on grill pan , place the skewers and cook on a medium heat ,rotating once in between , cook for around 15- 20 minutes.
- In case if water content in chicken and onion is higher and after mincing the meat , if it becomes difficult to hold the shape , then adding cashew powder or little roasted gram flour will help to hold the shape.