Mango Shrikhand | Amrakhand
Smooth, silken, delicious Dessert made with Ripen Mangoes , Yogurt ,Sugar, flavoured with cardamom powder and garnished with nuts and saffron strands.
Servings 500 grams approx
- 4 Cups Curds to Hung
- 1 Cup Mango Pulp
- 7-8 tablespoon Sugar
- 6-7 No's Green Cardamom ,remove husk and powder
- 4-5 Saffron Strands
- 1 teaspoon Pistachios , Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Almonds , Slivered
Place a sieve on a vessel and line sieve with a double layer muslin cloth. This is done to collect the dripping water from hung curd.
Now pour in 4 cups of curds into the muslin cloth.
Bring the edges of the cloth together , tie it and hang the curd for minimum 4 hours.
After 4 hours , remove the knot and collect the hung curd.
Scoop mango pulp from 2 big ripen mangoes to get 1 full cup mango pulp.
Add in mango pulp into a mixer jar.
Also add 7-8 tablespoon of sugar into the same jar .
Blend to get a smooth puree.
Now add in Hung Curd , Cardamom Powder also can add 2-3 strands of saffron.
Blend to a smooth mixture.
Chill in refrigerator , garnish with chopped nuts and saffron strands,
Serve as a dessert or with Poori
- Addition of sugar can be reduced or increased depending on the sweetness of mangoes.
- If you are serving with Poori's then no need to chill in refrigerator.
- If served alone , then chill and serve.
- Makes approximately 480-500 grams with 1274 K calories .