Beetroot Egg Bhurji is a healthy twist for an popularly anda bhurji, simple and easy to cook .I have grown up eating this Beetroot Egg Bhurji,as a kid I was a very annoying and fussy eater. So my Mom always used to struggle to make me eat veggies. As I was eating eggs well, she started making this Beetroot egg bhurji. Since then, I’m in love with this egg bhurji.
Beetroot has amazing health benefits, Beetroot is reckoned to be a great purifier,so its used in many of the detox drinks ,drinking beetroot juices daily on an empty stomach has amazing effects on the body.
Most people think that diabetics should avoid beetroot since its sweet. It is sadly misunderstood. Beetroot is a great source of fiber and minerals like iron, potassium and manganese which are essential for good health .
Although it has a high sugar content, it is low in calories and almost fat free, making it a nutritious option for keeping weight down.It helps to reduce blood pressure,as it is very rich in folate, fiber,vitamin C and other minerals which is must for pregnant women,it also boosts brain power,and stamina.Lets try to include beetroot juice / raw beetroot in our daily diet ,to keep ourselves healthy.
As protein is missing in Beet, its added with egg to get all the nutrients delivered to the body. Apart from just being healthy , its tastes really good.Serve it as a side dish along with chapathi ,roti or rasam and rice.
Recipe Card for Beetroot Egg Bhurji
Beetroot Egg Bhurji Recipe
- 3 Medium Size Beetroot grated or 250 grams
- 2 Medium size onions chopped
- 2 Green chilli slit
- 3-4 Eggs
- 3 Tsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds optional
- 1/2 Tbsp Channa Dal optional
- 1/2 Tbsp Urad Dal optional
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 or 3/4 Tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 Tsp Salt or as required
- Take a wok or thick bottom pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds, once it splutters, add channa dal and urad dal, once it starts to brown slightly,
- Add chopped onions and green chilies,fry well , till onions turns transparent.
- Add grated beetroot ,saute well,add 1/2 tsp salt , let it get almost cooked, it may take upto 10 -12 minutes on medium to high heat.
- Break eggs into the beetroot, scramble , mix and allow egg to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Once it’s done add, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti or chapathi or with rice and rasam.
Step-By-Step Directions to make Beetroot Egg Bhurji:
Take a wok or thick bottom pan,heat oil,add chopped onions and green chilies,fry well.
Add grated beetroot ,saute and cook till almost done, it may take 10-12 minutes on high flame.
Break eggs into the beetroot and mix well,cook and scramble well.Once its done add,red chilly powder and salt to taste.Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with roti’s or as a side dish/Palya with Rasam and Rice.