Coconut chutney is a very famous accompaniment for most of south indian breakfast/tiffin and evening snacks. Every home has their own recipes for this basic coconut chutney to suit their palate.If you are ever been to Bangalore, one thing you’ll notice is Darshini’s at every corners of the road….,are you wondering why Darshini came in between Coconut Chutney….? ,its because this chutney recipe is from on of the Darshin’s from J.P Nagar,Bangalore which i always used to relish long before for Saturday morning Breakfast 🙂 when i was working .
Coconut has very strong antioxidant properties,thats the reason why coconut oil is recommended for good quality skin and hair ,it’s also rich in saturated fat .As the term saturated fat is heard along with coconut ,this healthy rich coconut got last rank and everyone tagged him as badboy and said “Coconut Increases Cholesterol” , which is absolute Myth.Studies shows that the saturated fat in coconut helps to increase your good cholesterol with all good nutrients. So without any fear do eat fresh coconut. While eating coconut chutney ,don’t forget to add ghee tadka over it ,as it decreases GI Value.So without worrying add coconut in your diet and get benefited by its nutrients for Good Healthy Heart .
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Coconut Grated
- 1 Tbsp Roasted gram/ Puffed gram
- 1-2 No's Green Chillies
- 1 Tsp Jeera Seeds
- 2 Sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetidia
- 3/4 Tsp Salt or as required
- 1/3 Cup Water or as required
- 2 Tsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Channa Dal / Bengal Gram Dal
- 1 Tsp Urad Dal / Black gram Dal
- 1 Sprig Curry Leaves
- 1 No Dry Red Chilly broken
- Take all the ingredients listed in a mixer chutney jar and grind to coarse by adding water as required .
- Heat Ghee/Clarified butter in a Tadka Pan, add all the ingredients listed under tempering in order and pour over the grind chutney
- Here Asafoetida/Hing is added while grinding chutney and not in Tadka
Grind all the the ingredients under grinding into a coarse using little water. Heat Ghee ,add mustard seeds once it crackles add channa dal,urad dal ,curry leaves and red chilly,pour it into the prepared chutney and serve with dosa , idly, akki roti and many more…….!