Anything instant is what catches one’s eye. Everyone’s life seems to be running very fast ….,so we need everything at the same instant be it a food or something else. Instant Rava/Sooji Paddu is breakfast / tiffin that belongs to instant family ,where you get up late in the morning and needs to prepare a breakfast in jiffy, above that feeding a fussy eating kid …….,OMG nothing horrifies me as much as feeding my lil one.
Paddu ,Guliyappa,Gunta ponganalu, Kuzhi paniyaram ,Appe are the different names for this dish. Authentic Paddu is extremely delicious which is prepared by soaking and grinding different lentils and fermenting it overnight.
But here i’m sharing you the instant paddu recipe prepared with rava/sooji/semolina. I’ll be sharing you the authentic recipe shortly. Ingredients used in Instant rava paddu are very similar to the ones used for Instant Rava Idli , but I like Paddu better than Rava idli.
This is a kind of more filling breakfast/tiffin as sooji is used here .Serve as a evening tiffin along with coconut chutney and a cup of filter coffee or Masala Tea. Such that light dinner can be planned as a part of healthy diet plan.
This tastes good when served with plain coconut chutney without any tadka over it ,as all kind of seasoning is used in Instant Paddu recipe itself.This is my healthy evening snack idea ,a swap for any kind of fried food….,What’s yours?
Recipe Card for Instant Rava Paddu
Instant Rava Paddu | Instant Sooji Appe
- 1 Cup Rava
- 1/2 Cup Rice flour
- 2 Tbsp Thin Poha/ Rice Flakes Soaked
- 3/4 Cup Curds
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Channa Dal
- 1 Tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 Tbsp Moong Dal
- 1/2 inch Ginger grated
- 2 Green Chilli finely Chopped
- 2 Sprigs Curry leaves finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Coriander leaves Chopped
- 1 Onion finely Chopped
- 1 Carrot grated
- 1 pinch Baking soda/Cooking soda
- 3/4 Tsp Salt or as required
- 1/3 Cup Water or as required
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan,add mustard seeds, jeera seeds, channa dal, urad dal and moong dal.
- When all dals,starts to change colour to golden brown ,add 1 cup rava and fry for 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Once it cools down, add salt,cooing soda, rice flour,soaked and smashed poha,chopped coriander leaves,curry leaves ,ginger,green chilies,onions and grated carrot.
- Whisk curds and mix with above rava/semolina mixture. Add water part by part as required , so that batter consistency should be like dosa batter. Keep it aside for 10 minutes,so that water gets soaked well and batter consistency will become thick like idly batter.Its the right consistency.
- Heat appe pan, drizzle some oil in all chambers of appe pan.
- Take spoonful of batter and drop in all chambers of appe pan,drizzle some oil on top too. Close lid and cook paddu on both sides on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Paddu's are ready to serve.
Step by Step on making of Instant Rava Paddu Directions: