Aloevera Amla Juice is one of the most healthiest juice that one can start the day with . Both Aloevera and Amla are powerhouse of nutrients. Aloevera Amla juice is a quick blend of Aloevera pulp and Amla pieces. Adding cumin/jeera powder , Saunf/fennel seeds powder along with pinch of black salt ,not only make it palatable but also add ons health benefits.
Health Benefits - Amla : There is no mystery about the goodness of Amla and Aloe Vera on Skin and Hair Health. Amla also known as Indian Gooseberries are tangy, sweet-sour fruit with large amount of Vitamin C . It contains Vitamin C , 8 times more than that of Orange. Also it has amino acids, iron, Vitamin A, fiber, potassium, magnesium and calcium. All of these essential nutrients are great for improving skin and scalp health. Amla also acts as a chelating agent that binds copper and iron which strengthens hair at the root. Amla is rich in Vitamin C and it improves metabolism, immunity and avoids all the bacterial and viral ailments like cough and cold .
Aloevera: Aloe Vera is really beneficial for hair and skin as it is a storehouse of 32 vitamins and minerals along with hundreds of enzymes and trace nutrients. It has anti-inflammatory and antifungal properties that soothe acneic skin and an irritated scalp by treating dandruff. Also proteolytic enzymes in Aloe Vera juice can remove dead skin cells that block hair follicles . And encourages new hair growth and makes skin glow. The alkaline quality of aloe vera juice balances your scalp’s pH levels to arrest hair loss and treat conditions such as seborrhea and psoriasis.
Aloevera Amla Health Benefits
Apart from beauty regime , having aloevera amla juice on empty stomach is very beneficial and helps to reduce blood sugar levels , helpful for patients suffering from Type 2 ,Diabetics. Also Amla juice is traditional remedy to control high blood sugar levels. Thus both combined together act as marvellous drink to improve the overall health . It increases metabolism , improves immunity , controls blood sugar , reduces blood pressure ,reduces acidity, improves digestion and also relieves constipation. I run short of space here , to write its benefits, can read more about it here . Hence add in your diet to get the most of its benefits.
Serve Aloevera Amla Beverage as a detox drink ,early morning on empty stomach . Orelse as a nutritious healthy cooler juice during the day . However you drink ,it delivers you with all the nutrients. Other healthy detox beverages on blog are Beetroot Amla Detox , Kiwi Cucumber Smoothie , Amla Coriander Leaves Detox and ABC Juice.
RECIPE CARD FOR ALOEVERA AMLA JUICE
Aloevera Amla Juice
- ¼ Cup Aloe vera Gel from aloevera leaf
- 2 no Amla / Indian Gooseberries
- 1 pinch Black Salt / Kaala Namak
- ¼ teaspoon Fennel Seeds Powder / Saunf Powder
- ½ teaspoon Jeera Powder / Cumin Powder
- 500 ml Water
- Wash and clean Aloevera with running water and pat it dry with a kitchen paper napkin .
- Trim the edges and with a sharp knife ,cut open one side of the aloe vera leaf. With a spoon , scoop the aloevera gel (pulp) .
- Gel should be transparent and clear without any traces of yellow or green tinge.
- Cut open amla, remove pit and make small pieces of amla.
- Place aloevera gel and amla pieces in a Mixer/ Blender (not Juicer), and blend to a smooth paste.
- Pass the pulp through a strainer and collect the juice.
- Place back the pulp into mixer , add some water and blend to extract the juice completely.
- Repeat this for 2-3 times , till pulp looks transparent and all juice is extracted.
- Add ¼ teaspoon saunf powder, ½ teaspoon of jeera powder ,pinch black salt ,add in water and stir well.
- Serve with few fresh torn mint leaves.
Step by Step Directions for making Aloevera Amla Juice:
Wash and clean Aloevera with running water and pat it dry with a kitchen paper napkin .
Trim the edges and with a sharp knife ,cut open one side of the aloe vera leaf.
With a spoon , scoop the aloevera gel (pulp) . Gel should be transparent and clear with no traces of yellow or green tinge.
Cut open amla, remove pit and make small pieces of amla.
Place aloevera gel and amla pieces in a Mixer/ Blender (not Juicer), and blend to a smooth paste.
Pass the pulp through a strainer and collect the juice.
Place back the pulp into mixer , add some water and blend to extract the juice completely.
Repeat this for 2-3 times , till pulp looks transparent and all juice is extracted.
Add ¼ teaspoon saunf powder, ½ teaspoon of jeera powder ,pinch black salt ,add in water and stir well.
Serve with few fresh torn mint leaves.