Homemade peanut butter is smooth, creamy, flavorful and ridiculously easy to make. It's super delicious and you won't be able to stop eating it !
Here's our step-by-step guide on how to make this incredible easy Peanut Butter recipe at home , even better than any store bought ones.
About this recipe
On some level you already know how incredibly easy it is to make this creamy peanut butter. It's an super easy yet amazing recipe , roasted peanuts meets blender and within no time you get super creamy peanut butter ready to eat !
Doesn't it sound incredibly easy , YES it is ! Incase if you haven't tried making this tasty homemade peanut butter yet , then I insist you to try it right now.
Seriously , I'm not at all kidding here. All you need is just 2 ingredients ; peanuts and pinch of salt ! And rest all are add on's, it's always optional for extra taste , flavors and texture. And of course your 8 minutes of time , to make this utterly delicious peanut butter.
How to use Peanut butter
- Slather it on a toasted bread
- Add it to smoothies and milk shakes , for extra protein
- Make some peanut butter cookies , granola bars and even cakes
- Energize yourself with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter whenever you wish !
Peanut Butter Recipe Tips
Before you jump start to make peanut butter , there are a few things you should know :
- Making this recipe is simple and easy, but patience is the key - Though it hardly takes 6-8 minutes to make this peanut butter , you need to run your food processor for few 40 - 60 minutes , stop , scrape and again run . This is a repetitive process until the nuts become smooth and spreadable.
- You don’t need anything except dry roasted peanuts and pinch of salt- You can use either unsalted or salted peanuts in this recipe. But if your using salted then no need to season with salt
- Honey and oil - Though honey and oil are truly optional adding it to homemade nut butters really helps in getting that perfect shiny and runny texture to the butter.
Why did my peanut butter didn’t turn out creamy ?
Each food processor’s strength is little bit different, it may need a few extra minutes in the food processor to make it shiny and creamy. It’ll get there!
Can I use toasted nuts ?
Yes , You can use homemade toasted nuts or pre-roasted nuts from the store. But still, I prefer to warm pre-toasted nuts in a oven or on a stovetop as this helps the oils loosen up.
Can I use any other kinds of nuts ?
Yes , You can absolutely substitute any nut you like in this recipe. Or use combination of almonds and peanut also . The method is exactly the same for making almond , pistachios or any other kind of nut butter.
Do I have to add the honey or any other sweetener ?
The honey helps balance out the saltiness and flavors of the peanuts, but if you want go for sugar-free then you can totally skip it.
How to store my homemade peanut butter?
Fridge or at room temp works here! It’s best in fridge in a sealed container for up to several weeks.
Making more or less peanut butter: You can use this technique with any amount of nuts. I find that I typically end up with about a half-cup less peanut butter than the amount of nuts I originally started with (for instance, 2 cups of peanuts makes about 1 ½ cups of peanut butter).
You may also like
How to make Peanut Butter at home
Dry roast peanut, you can either roast in oven until lightly golden-brown or do it in a skillet on stove top.
Remove skin from roasted peanuts.
Transfer the peanuts to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment or blender.
Process for 1-2 minutes till you get crumble texture.
Stop the processor / blender , scrape sides and process again for another 1 minute.
When it turns smooth , tip in all add-ons like peanut oil , honey or any sweetener and cinnamon powder.
Process until it reaches desired creamy and shiny consistency.
Store in dry glass jar, stays good up to few weeks.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipe
- 2 cups Peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon Salt - if using unsalted peanuts
Add-ons (Optional' s)
- 1.5 tablespoon Peanut oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1.5 tablespoon Jaggery Powder/ Brown Sugar/ sugar - to taste , optional
- Dry roast peanut, you can either roast in oven until lightly golden-brown or do it in a skillet on stove top. Remove skin from roasted peanuts.
- Transfer the peanuts to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment or blender. Process for 1-2 minutes till you get crumble texture.
- Stop the processor / blender , scarpe sides and process again for another 1 minute.
- When it turns smooth , tip in all add on's like peanut oil , honey or any sweetener and cinnamon powder
- Process until it reaches desired creamy and shiny consistency
- Store in dry glass jar, stays good up to few weeks.