Mango Shrikhand is a sweet dessert made with yogurt , ripe mango pulp , sugar and flavoured with cardamom powder . Mango Shrikhand tastes delicious with poori but can have it as a chilled dessert too. It is a easy to make dessert where recipe calls to hung curd for 4-5 hours to drain water completely then mix with mango puree , sugar and cardamom powder . Refrigerate for few hours, chill and amrakhand is ready to serve. Garnish with saffron strands and nuts to treat your tastebuds , eyes with lovely hues.
This is one of my favourite Mango dessert . But I don't like the store bought Mango Shrikhand which is full of artificial colours ,flavours and also it has some powdered kind of texture . Homemade Shrikhand has silken smooth texture with real mango flavours. Try making this simple, easy dessert this mango season and fall in love with this. You can either use Homemade Curd or Store bought . Though homemade curd tastes best , I made it from Regular Amul Curds. And also amount of sugar in the recipe can be varied depending on the sweetness of mango . I have used Ratnagiri Alphonso Mango to make this delicious dessert. Though any sweet variety mango can be used.
One more similar Mango Based Dessert , which tastes Super Yum is Mango Cheese Cake , where I had poured all my Love to make this Delicious Eggless No Bake Cheesecake.
Mangoes - "King of Fruits" is a delightful and refreshing summer fruit. Mango is a great high fibre and high antioxidant food. It is also rich in beta carotene and Vitamin C. As it is rich in fibre , it is good for digestion also antioxidants are directly related with anti ageing properties. Beta carotene and Vitamin C associated with eye health and immunity boosters.
Mangoes are rich in carbohydrates and fructose , so eating this fruit in moderation is recommended . Mangoes are not fattening but when had after meals those extra carbs leads to more calorie intake which in turn makes to put on weight. So consider the facts and thoughtfully change your diet and enjoy this summer fruit.
RECIPE CARD FOR MANGO SHRIKHAND
Mango Shrikhand | Amrakhand
- 4 Cups Curds to Hung
- 1 Cup Mango Pulp
- 7-8 tablespoon Sugar
- 6-7 No's Green Cardamom ,remove husk and powder
- 4-5 Saffron Strands
- 1 teaspoon Pistachios , Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Almonds , Slivered
- Place a sieve on a vessel and line sieve with a double layer muslin cloth. This is done to collect the dripping water from hung curd.
- Now pour in 4 cups of curds into the muslin cloth.
- Bring the edges of the cloth together , tie it and hang the curd for minimum 4 hours.
- After 4 hours , remove the knot and collect the hung curd.
- Scoop mango pulp from 2 big ripen mangoes to get 1 full cup mango pulp.
- Add in mango pulp into a mixer jar.
- Also add 7-8 tablespoon of sugar into the same jar .
- Blend to get a smooth puree.
- Now add in Hung Curd , Cardamom Powder also can add 2-3 strands of saffron.
- Blend to a smooth mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator , garnish with chopped nuts and saffron strands,
- Serve as a dessert or with Poori
- Addition of sugar can be reduced or increased depending on the sweetness of mangoes.
- If you are serving with Poori's then no need to chill in refrigerator.
- If served alone , then chill and serve.
- Makes approximately 480-500 grams with 1274 K calories .
Step By Step Directions for making Mango Shrikhand:
Place a sieve on a vessel and line sieve with a double layer muslin cloth. This is done to collect the dripping water from hung curd.
Now pour in 4 cups of curds into the muslin cloth.
Bring the edges of the cloth together , tie it and hang the curd for minimum 4 hours.
After 4 hours , remove the knot and collect the hung curd.
Scoop mango pulp from 2-3 ripen mangoes to get 1 full cup mango pulp.Add in mango pulp into a mixer jar.
Also add 7-8 tablespoon of sugar into the same jar .
Blend to get a smooth puree.
Now add in Hung Curd , Cardamom Powder also can add 2-3 strands of saffron.
Blend to a smooth mixture.
Chill in refrigerator , garnish with chopped nuts and saffron strands
Serve as a dessert or with Poori