Moong Dal rice is one of the easiest , healthy , light on stomach lunch box recipe. This is an easy recipe one of the version of Pongal / Khichdi types you can say ,but like Khichdi or pongal its not runny , rather it’s a perfectly cooked rice along with moong dal. Its tastes good with or without chutney. As this is healthy and gets cooked easily , its one of the complete protein healthy lunch box recipe. At times, if there are no veggies at home , then definitely this is my to go recipe for lunch box , along with some raita or coconut chutney and salad. Healthy and easy recipe for an hustle free morning.
Other rice varieties recipe on blog are Vegetable Pulao , Tomato Pulao , Bisibelebath , Surti Papdi Pulao/Avarekalu bath , Khara Pongal Karnataka Style , Green Peas Jeera rice and Chinese Veg Fried Rice.
RECIPE CARD FOR MOONG DAL RICE |HESARUBELE ANNA
Easy Moong Dal Rice Recipe | Hesaru Bele anna Recipe
Measurement Size 1 Cup = 200 ml
- 1 cup Regular rice
- 1/3 cup Split moong dal
- 21/3 cups Water for cooking
- 2 Onions Sliced
- 1 Tomato Chopped
- 3-4 Green Chillies Slit - or as required
- 3/4 Tsp Blackpepercorns
- 1/2 Tbsp Fresh coconut pieces
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Jeera Powder
- 3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 1/2-2 Tsp Salt or as required
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Soak rice for 10 minutes,drain water and keep aside.
- Wash Moong Dal and keep it aside.
- Shred onions,slit green chilies,cut coconut into small bits and finely chop tomatoes.
- In a pressure Cooker, heat oil,add black peppercorns,onion,chilies ,moong dal and saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder,jeera powder ,tomatoes,small bits of coconut and fry well.
- Add rice and mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add 2 1/3 cup of hot water,salt and pressure cook for a whistle.
- Allow to release pressure on its own,add lemon juice ,coriander leaves ,Mix well and serve.
Step By Step Directions:
Soak rice for 10 minutes,drain water and keep aside.Wash Moongdal and keep it aside. Slice onions,slit green chilies,cut coconut into small bits and finely chop tomatoes.
Take a pressure cooker ,add oil ,black peppercorns, onion, chilies , moongdal and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes,small bits of coconut ,turmeric and fry well.
Now add in rice and saute for few minutes, add hot water, salt and pressure cook for a whistle.
Once pressure is released on its own add lemon juice, coriander leaves. Serve hot accompanied with coconut chutney and pickle.