Palak Paneer Salad | Spinach Salad is a Indian Style refreshing summer salad . Indian Style Palak salad is a mix of assorted veggies like tomatoes, cucumber and onions with some roasted peanuts. Every home from North to South have their own recipe for this healthy bowl of salad. But in this recipe I have replaced onion with some fresh crumbled , home made cottage cheese .
As temperature is soaring outside , I’m keeping all my food simple and satisfying. With this scorching sun , I really have no patience to be in kitchen for long with elaborated cooking. Salads being summers BFF , thought of sharing this refreshing , tasty summer salad recipe to satiate your taste buds. I believe that the food we eat should be delicious enough to awaken our senses and at the same time it should be Nutritious , too. If interested do check refreshing salads like Sicilian Salad and Peanut Salad for this season.
This post goes for all my friends , family and clients , who always complain to eat Salads by giving the excuse and tag ” Salads as Bland” . There is no miracle about the endless health benefits of Spinach. Add more green leafy vegetable into your diet and flaunt with a healthy body . This nutrient packed superfood is full of iron , calcium, potassium and fibre . From maintaining blood glucose levels to lowering Blood Pressure and from strong bones to healthy eyes , hair and skin . It does all good to your body , so start adding it in your daily diet and get all its benefits.
RECIPE CARD FOR PALAK PANEER SALAD | SPINACH SALAD
Palak Paneer Salad | Indian Style Spinach Salad
- 2 Cups Chopped Spinach leaves
- 1 no Tomato large ,roughly chopped
- 2 no Baby Cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cottage Cheese , crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts , roasted and crushed
- 1-2 Tbsp Raisins
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice squeezed
- 1/2 Tsp Salt or as required
- 1/2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera Seeds
- Clean and Wash Spinach leaves in a running water, drain water completely .
- Chop spinach leaves to get about 2 cups of leaves .
- Add chopped leaves into a mixing bowl.
- Chop 1 large tomato and 2 baby cucumbers ,add into the mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of fresh crumbled cottage cheese to the mixing bowl.
- Now add in 2 Tbsp of roasted and roughly crushed peanuts.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of raisins.
- Sprinkle some salt and squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a tempering pan , add 1/4 Tsp of mustard seeds,allow it to crackle.
- Add 1/2 Tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds , once it starts to change colour.
- Turn off the heat.Now just add in 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder to the seasoning.
- Pour the seasoning over the prepared salad.Mix well everything and serve .
Step by Step Directions for making of Palak Paneer Salad:
Clean and wash Spinach leaves in a running water, drain water completely .
Chop spinach leaves to get about 2 cups of chopped leaves .
Add chopped leaves into a mixing bowl.
Chop 1 large tomato and 2 baby cucumbers ,add into the mixing bowl.
Add 1/2 cup of fresh , crumbled cottage cheese to the mixing bowl.
Now add in 2 Tbsp of roasted and roughly crushed peanuts.
Add 1-2 Tbsp of raisins.
Sprinkle some salt and squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
Heat 1/2 Tbsp of oil in a tempering pan , add 1/4 Tsp of mustard seeds,allow it to crackle.Add 1/2 Tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds , once it starts to change colour. Turn off the heat.
Now just add in 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder to the seasoning .Don’t burn the spices.
Pour the seasoning over the prepared salad.
Mix well everything and serve .