Palak Paneer Salad | Spinach Salad recipe with step by step photos and video . Spinach Salad aka palak paneer salad is a Indian Style refreshing summer salad . Indian Style Palak salad is a mix of assorted veggies like tomatoes, cucumber and onions with some roasted peanuts.
About this recipe
Every home from North to South have their own style of palak paneer salad recipe. But in this recipe I have replaced onion with some fresh crumbled , home made Indian cottage cheese aka paneer . As it includes the protein portion in the meal needless to mention , its full of nutrition with loaded protein from cottage cheese , peanuts along with additional good fat and calcium from sesame seeds.
As I often make this , I have clicked image during 2 different occasion.Once I blanched spinach and one more time I directly used spinach without blanching has it was tender. But as a Nutritionist , I recommend to blanch and eat Spinach !
Watch recipe video
As temperature is soaring outside , I'm keeping all my food simple and satisfying. With this scorching sun , I really have no patience to be in kitchen for long with elaborated cooking. Salads being summers BFF , thought of sharing this refreshing , tasty summer salad recipe to satiate your taste buds.
I believe that the food we eat should be delicious enough to awaken our senses and at the same time it should be Nutritious , too. If interested do check refreshing salads like Sicilian Salad and Peanut Salad for this season.
This post goes for all my friends , family and clients , who always complain to eat Salads by giving the excuse and tag " Salads as Bland" . There is no miracle about the endless health benefits of Spinach. Add more green leafy vegetable into your diet and flaunt with a healthy body .
This nutrient packed superfood is full of iron , calcium, potassium and fibre . From maintaining blood glucose levels to lowering Blood Pressure and from strong bones to healthy eyes , hair and skin . It does all good to your body , so start adding it in your daily diet and get all its benefits.
Step by step directions to make Palak Paneer Salad
Clean and wash Spinach leaves in a running water, drain water completely .
Dip palak leaves in hot water and set aside for 3 to 5 minutes , remove and wash in cold water (Blanching ) . Blanching helps to reduce the anti nutrient oxalates in spinach.
Spinach is high in calcium and oxalate, which prevents a lot of the calcium from being absorbed into the body. Hence reducing the concentration of oxalates by blanching is important.
Alternatively baby spinach can be used directly in salads.
Add chopped leaves into a mixing bowl.
Chop 1 large tomato and 2 baby cucumbers ,add into the mixing bowl.
Add ½ cup of fresh , crumbled cottage cheese to the mixing bowl.
Now add in 2 Tbsp of roasted and roughly crushed peanuts.
Add 1-2 Tbsp of raisins.
Sprinkle some salt and squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
Heat ½ Tbsp of oil in a tempering pan , add ¼ Tsp of mustard seeds,allow it to crackle.Add ½ Tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds , once it starts to change colour. Turn off the heat.
Now just add in ½ tsp of red chilli powder to the seasoning .Don't burn the spices.
Pour the seasoning over the prepared salad.
Mix well everything and serve .
Palak Paneer Salad | Indian Style Spinach Salad
- 100 grams Chopped Spinach leaves
- 1 no Tomato large ,roughly chopped
- 2 no Baby Cucumbers, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Cottage Cheese , crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts , roasted and crushed
- 1-2 Tbsp Raisins
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice squeezed
- ½ Tsp Salt or as required
- ½ Tbsp Cooking Oil
- ¼ Tsp Mustard seeds
- ½ Tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera Seeds
- 1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
- ½ Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Clean and Wash Spinach leaves in a running water, blanch and squeeze excess water. If using baby spinach , you can use directly without blanching.
- Chop spinach leaves .
- Add chopped leaves into a mixing bowl.
- Chop 1 large tomato and 2 baby cucumbers ,add into the mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup of fresh crumbled cottage cheese to the mixing bowl.
- Now add in 2 Tbsp of roasted and roughly crushed peanuts.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of raisins.
- Sprinkle some salt and squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a tempering pan , add ¼ Tsp of mustard seeds,allow it to crackle.
- Add ½ Tsp of Jeera/cumin seeds , once it starts to change colour.
- Turn off the heat.Now add sesame seeds and ½ tsp of red chilli powder to the seasoning.
- Pour the seasoning over the prepared salad.Mix well everything and serve .