Pepper Chicken with curry leaves recipe with step by step photos and short video . Pepper and Curry leaves Chicken is a tasty side dish/ starter made with lots black pepper powder and curry leaves . This chicken has a distinct flavours from black pepper , curry leaves and fennel seeds. It's a simple chicken recipe that can be made easily without any fancy ingredients and tastes delicious.
In Bangalore there is chain of Andhra restaurant known has Meghana Foods, I love the boneless pepper chicken in that restaurant. It tastes too good with simple ingredients. So I was longing to recreate the same dish . After too many trail , error and correction , made this Pepper Chicken in Meghana Restaurant Style , taste came very close to that of original recipe from Meghana Foods . But I couldn't get that dark black color but later I realised its addition of dark soya sauce that gives deep dark black colour. Which I tried in my other similar vegetarian recipe Paneer Pepper Dry .
This tasty pepper chicken recipe has lots of curry leaves in it. Rather than naming has pepper chicken , I can even call it as Curry leaves Chicken . You can serve this chicken has starter or as a side dish with a mug of beer , tastes good in all the ways.
Other similar chicken recipes on blog are :
RECIPE CARD FOR PEPPER CHICKEN WITH CURRY LEAVES:
Pepper Chicken with Curry leaves
- 750 grams Chicken , skin out curry cut pieces
- 3 no's Onion , finely chopped
- 6-8 no's Garlic Cloves , crushed ½ Tbsp paste
- 1 inch Ginger , crushed ½ Tbsp paste
- 1 no Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 3 no's Green Chilli,finely Chopped
- 12 Sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 ½ Tbsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- ½ Tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt or as required
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves , chopped
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 Tbsp Cashews
- 3 no's Green Chilli , chopped
- 3 sprigs Curry leaves
- Wash and clean the chicken thoroughly and keep aside, for water to drain completely.
- Finely chop onions,tomatoes and slit green chillies.
- Dry roast black peppercorns, jeera/ cumin seeds, and fennel seeds . Add 6-7 sprigs of curry leaves and dry roast till curry leaves turns crisp .
- Then transfer it into a blender/ mixer jar and blend to a fine powder.
- Take a wok, add oil add 3 sprigs of curry leaves, onions, ginger , garlic paste , green chillies and fry well till the raw smell goes off .
- Add tomato,turmeric powder,and saute for a minute.
- Now add chicken,1 Tsp salt and 1 Tbsp of ground jeera ,pepper , fennel seeds and curry leaves powder mix well.
- Close the lid and cook on a medium heat for about 15 minutes or till chicken is almost cooked. (Don't overcook the chicken or else it becomes hard).
- Whilst take a small pan/ tadka pan ,add ghee once its hot add cashews, chopped garlic cloves, 3 green chilies and remaining curry leaves fry well .
- Once curry leaves turns crisp add ¼ tsp of salt and 1 tsp of curry and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add this mixture to above prepared chicken.
- Add remaining curry leaves and pepper powder, ½ tsp of salt and mix well .
- Keep on a high flame, fry for a minute till it becomes semi dry. Turn off the stove .
- Finally add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve as a starter or a side dish .
- You can also add ½ cup of water in the last step and cook on a high heat till you get a thick semi gravy chicken ..
- This is a spicy chicken dish , you can reduce the amount of green chillies , for less spice.
- 150 grams per serving
Step by Step Direction to make Pepper Chicken with Curry Leaves: