2-in-1 Pizza Pasta Sauce is a version of Spicy Tomato Sauce ,quite similar to Arrabiata Sauce with slight variations. This spicy tomato sauce can be used for pizza as well as pasta , so named it as 2 in 1 Pizza Pasta Sauce. Making this sauce is simple , you need some good ripe sweet juicy tomatoes, onion, garlic, spices and herbs.
I don't claim this as authentic version because this recipe is tailored to suit a Indian Taste. Personally I don't like anything that is store bought . I prefer doing at this kind of simple sauces , jams and pickles at home. As ,I often feel the store bought ones are loaded with preservatives and loads of sugar and salt within it.
There are many processed food items like cheese , sauces like Soy Sauces which are inevitable and I use at home. But try to cut down these processed food usage as much as possible by using an healthy alternative.
I make variations to Pasta sauce but never with pizza sauce. Quite often I do this 2-in-1 pizza pasta sauce and store it in refrigerator in an airtight glass jar containers. The shelf life of this sauce is for about 15 days and more . Try making this as and when needed and use . Best thing about home made pizza and pasta sauce is , you'll be using the fresh sauce which tastes yummy and fingferlicking good.
As my friends says , this recipe sauce of mine is compulsory at their home for Pasta , Pizza and also for Idli , ROFL 🙂 🙂 . So I can even call this as a Multipurpose Sauce . Undoubtedly this Sauce is very delicious, you can use it however you want.
RECIPE CARD FOR 2-IN-1 PIZZA PASTA SAUCE
2-in-1 Pizza Pasta Sauce
- 6 no's Tomatoes , Large ripen
- 2 no's Onion ,medium to small size
- 15 no's Garlic cloves , medium to big size
- ½ Tsp Red Chilli powder
- ½ Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Mixed Herbs seasoning , refer notes
- 1 Tbsp Maggi Hot sweet Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- ½-3/4 Tsp Salt or as required
- Wash and clean onions, tomatoes and garlic.
- Cut onion and tomatoes into wedges and keep aside.
- Take a wok/pan add butter once its clarified add garlic, onions sauté for a minute and then add tomatoes,½ tsp of salt so that it cooks fast.
- Cook tomatoes till water is completely dried .Allow it to cool.
- Once its cooled, take a blender add cooked tomato onion mixture , 1 Tsp of mixed seasoning, paprika/chilli powder ,sugar, salt and tomato sauce (I use Maggi ,Hot and Sweet tomato sauce) blend to a smooth paste without adding water.
- Adjust salt and seasoning if required.
- Store it in a refrigerator and use it as required.
- if you don't have mixed herbs seasoning , blend 1 Tbsp oregano , 1 Tbsp Basil and 1 Tbsp black pepper to a fine powder and use. If you are using this seasoning then skip adding black pepper powder individually in the recipe.
Step by Step Directions on making of 2-in-1 Pizza Pasta Sauce:
Wash and clean onions, tomatoes and garlic. Cut onion and tomatoes into wedges and keep aside.
Take a wok add butter once its clarified add garlic, onions sauté for a minute and then add tomatoes,½ tsp of salt so that it cooks fast.
Cook tomatoes till water is completely dried, it should be pulpy with no water, refer the picture below. Allow it to cool completely.
Once its cooled, add all the cooked ingredients into a blender ,add 1 Tsp of mixed seasoning, paprika/chilli powder ,sugar, salt and tomato sauce (I use Maggi ,Hot and Sweet tomato sauce) grind it to a smooth paste without adding water.
Adjust salt , sugar and seasoning if required. Store it in a refrigerator and use it as required.