Baked Potato wedges alongside with whole wheat pasta is perfect for your weekend dinner. Also it can be a easy to make snack for kids.Involving kids in food preparations along with parents is one of the Active Parenting Method ,where kids learn to focus on what they do .Sahishnu ,my 4 year old always comes running behind me to help me in kitchen and feels proud and accomplished 🙂
Potato is one such vegetable liked by everyone from kids to adults.Though ,these days potatoes are considered to be fattening and is being avoided by weight watchers ,it's not actually so.Other than deep frying potatoes ,if you can roast or bake potatoes with proper seasoning and methods ,then still you can enjoy yummy crunchy potatoes ,which tastes great.
Potato Wedges can be a quick after school evening snack for children as it very takes less time for preparation.Even elders can enjoy this baked potatoes as its light on waistline also 🙂 I have shared baked potato recipe ,if you don't mind deep frying potatoes ,you can fry it without fear ,it yields a very good result. For one of my friend's kid bday party at home,I had prepared fried Potato Wedges using same recipe ,it had turned equally good . So if you wish ,you can follow the same recipe to fry the potatoes.
I had prepared this for friday night dinner along with some wholewheat Penne Rigate Pasta in Spicy Tomato Sauce.
Recipe Card for Potato Wedges
Baked Potato Wedges | Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
- 250 grams Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Rice flour - or Corn Flour
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Garlic - minced
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Spices - or pasta seasoning
- 11/2 teaspoon Salt - or as requires
- Rinse and wash potatoes,peel the skin
- Cut it lengthwise to thick 8 pieces wedges of uniform size
- Boil 2 liters of water ,Turn of heat.Add 1 teaspoon salt , cut potato wedges close lid and keep it aside for 5 minutes
- Drain hot water,rinse potatoes with cold water.Wipe and dry the potatoes with a kitchen towel.
- In a mixing bowl add,oil,minced garlic,cajun spices ( or pasta seasoning like thyme,basil,oregano,pepper powder ) and ¼ teaspoon salt,mix well
- Add potatoes and mix well ,so that potatoes are coated with the spice mixture.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg celsius and bake it for 25-30 minutes
- Half way through the baking,remove the tray from oven and with the help of tong turn over the wedges to other side and put back in the oven.
- Bake till the potatoes bake completely and looks crisp and slightly golden.
- Oven temperature varies, so keep a check while baking. Serve with cheesy dip or tomato ketchup
Step By Step Directions on making of Potato Wedges:
Take 3-4 potatoes medium size,around 250 grams.Wash well ,peel skin.
Cut potatoes into 2 halves lengthwise and slit lengthwise to get 8 wedges.
Take 2 liters of water and bring it to boil.
Drain the water completely,wash it with cold water and wipe and dry potatoes with the help of clean kitchen towel.(If you want you can place this dried potatoes in ziplock cover and freeze it ,till your next use) .
In a mixing bowl ,add minced garlic, rice flour ,olive oil,salt ,cajun spices and herbs for seasoning, prepare the spice mix.
Mix potatoes very well with the spices and seasoning . Line the baking tray,and arrange the potato wedges.
Preheat the oven to 200 deg celsius,and bake it for 25-30 minutes.
Halfway through baking ,remove the tray from oven and with the help of tongs turn the wedges to other side ,put it back in the oven and continue to bake till it turns slightly brown (Keep checking the potatoes, after 22 minutes,as each oven temperature varies)
Serve hot or warm with tomato sauce or cheese dip of your choice.
These look so tempting!! They are easy to make too!!