Sabudana Kheer detail recipe with step by step pictures and a short video. Sabudana Kheer is is one of the easiest dessert that can be made within minutes for any occasion . Put together soaked Sabudana , milk , few nuts, sugar and cardamom , you'll come up a finger licking good Sabudana Kheer.
This easy to make recipe is delicious and can be enjoyed by all age groups . As sabudana is full of carbohydrates and releases instant energy , it is widely used during fasting. And for this Navratri , my main source of carbs are from Sabudana and enjoying it in every form .
Sabudana has high starch and is full of carbohydrates only. There are no other much nutrients present in this tapioca pearls . Hence to make it nutrient rich , it is always paired with milk, ghee, peanuts and dry fruits and nuts while making desserts . Also its for the same reason , peanuts are added to a savoury dishes to bring out a balance between carbs and protein.
How to make Sabudana Kheer
Wash and soak sabudana for 30 - 60 minutes.
In a heavy bottom pan, add soaked sabudana, water and cook .
Add 1 teaspoon of ghee , stir well and cook for few minutes till sabudana turns 70% transparent.
Now add in boiled milk, stir in an continue to cook.
Add sugar and stir.
Now add in saffron strands.
Continue to cook until sabudana is becomes transparent and completely cooked , turn off the flame. You can even cook till you get the desired consistency , Kheer even thickens once it cools.
Add cardamom powder ,raisins and chopped nuts.
Stir everything and serve.
Serve Sabudana Kheer hot or warm .
- ¼ cup Sabudana / Tapioca Pearl
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Cups Milk , boiled
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 2 tablespoon Chopped nuts (cashew , almonds , pista)
- Saffron strands , few
- Wash and soak sabudana for 30 - 60 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add soaked sabudana, water and cook .
- Add 1 teaspoon of ghee , stir well and cook for few minutes till sabudana turns 70% transparent.
- Now add in boiled milk, stir in an continue to cook.
- Add sugar , saffron strands , stir and continue to cook until sabudana is becomes transparent and completely cooked , turn off the flame.
- You can even cook till you get the desired consistency , Kheer even thickens once it cools.
- Add cardamom powder , raisins, chopped nuts and few saffron strands, mix everything.
- Serve Sabudana Kheer hot or warm .
SK @ Buying Best
Amazing recipe of Sabudhana Kheer. The images look yummy! Will try making it for Diwali later this month.
Thanks SK . I'm glad you loved it . Let me know , how it turned for u once after you try . You can even try Dates Kheer from my space , it's delicious , healthy and has brought many prizes to me 🙂
Absolutely delicious! Beautiful presentation and pics 👌🏻
Thank You ,so much 🙂