Sattu Drink recipe with step by step photos and video . Sattu drink is a delicious summer coolant made with roasted black chickpea flour flavoured with lime juice, spices and herbs. Sattu also known as chane ka sattu .
What is Sattu?
Sattu is a black chickpea flour , it is made by dry roasting black chickpea and then pounding this roasted gram to a powder. Sattu is a rich source of protein and is often referred to as poor man’s protein. Sattu contains a high quality vegan protein that can be easily absorbed by the body. Hence many refer Sattu has equivalent to Whey Protein
Sattu has amazing health benefits . It is rich in several nutrients including fibre, iron, calcium and magnesium . Sattu has cooling properties and is great in providing relief from the scorching heat .
Health Benefits of Sattu
- Excellent for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis because of high quality protein, calcium and magnesium
- Very rich in Iron , super healthy for growing kids and adults .
- Fiber : Cleanses out colon and ease problems like constipation, bloating, acidity and provides relief to irritation and burning in stomach.
- Aids fat and weight loss also improves sexual health .
- Keeps body cool : With great quantities of fiber, carbs and various vitamins and minerals, it helps to beat scorching heat with full of energy.
How to include sattu in your Diet
Sattu can be consumed in many ways like sherbet , Sattu paratha, chilla , laddoos and litti . Also you can just munch on some handful of roasted chana for snacking.
Variations to Sattu Drink : However, sattu sherbet is the easiest ways to consume it. Both meetha sattu sherbet and namkeen sherbet are prepared and consumed during summer to get relief from scorching heat . For Meeth sherbet sattu is mixed with lime juice, jaggery and water . This post shares namkeen sattu sherbet.
Since sattu drink does not contain any harmful calories, no artificial sweeteners and is enriched with protein , fibers and many essential minerals and vitamins , it can do wonders to the overall health and well-being. Sattu sherbet can be consumed at any time of the day.
If you are looking for more summer drinks recipe , then do check :
Recipe Card for Sattu Drink
Sattu Drink | Sattu Namkeen Sherbet
- 3 Tbsp Sattu Powder / Sattu flour
- ½ Tsp Jeera / Cumin Powder
- ½ Tsp Dry Mango / Amachur Powder
- ¼ Tsp Jaggery powder or coconut sugar - optional
- ¼ Tsp Green chillies chopped
- ¼ Tsp Chaat Masala - optional
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves - chopped
- 3-4 Mint leaves - torn
- Salt as required
- 2 Cups water
- Ice cubes as required
- In a juicer , add sattu , cumin powder , chaat masala, dry mango powder , coriander leaves , mint leaves ,jaggery , water, lime juice, salt and ice cubes
- Blend everything until it combines well.
- Pour to a glass jar and serve immediately.
How to make Sattu Drink
In a juicer , add sattu , cumin powder , chaat masala, dry mango powder , coriander leaves , mint leaves ,jaggery , water, lime juice, salt and ice cubes
Blend everything until it combines well.
Pour to a glass jar and serve immediately.