Sattu Drink recipe with step by step photos and video . Chane Ka Sattu drink is a delicious summer coolant made with roasted black chickpea flour flavoured with lime juice, spices and herbs.
Sattu is famous in Eastern India and is very popular in Kolkata and Bihar .
What is Sattu?
Sattu is a black chickpea flour , it is made by dry roasting black chickpea and then pounding this roasted gram to a powder. It contains a very high quality vegan protein that can easily absorbed by human body . Hence many refer Sattu has equivalent to Whey Protein
Sattu has amazing health benefits . It is rich in several nutrients including fiber , iron, calcium and magnesium . Sattu has cooling properties and is great in providing relief from the scorching heat .
Health Benefits of Sattu
- Excellent for bone health and prevention of osteoporosis because of high quality protein, calcium and magnesium
- Very rich in Iron , super healthy for growing kids and adults .
- Fiber : Cleanses out colon and ease problems like constipation, bloating, acidity and provides relief to irritation and burning in stomach.
- Aids fat and weight loss also improves sexual health .
- Keeps body cool : With great quantities of fiber, carbs and various vitamins and minerals, it helps to beat scorching heat with full of energy.
How to include sattu in your Diet
Sattu can be consumed in many ways like sherbet , Sattu paratha, chilla , laddoos and litti . Also you can just munch on some handful of roasted chana for snacking.
Variations to Sattu Drink : However, sattu sherbet is the easiest ways to consume it. In North East India , its common practice to consume sattu drink to get relief from scorching heat . This post shares namkeen sattu sherbet. If you wish to make meeth sherbat then mix sattu with lime juice , jaggery and water.
Since sattu drink does not contain any harmful calories, no artificial sweeteners and is enriched with protein , fibers and many essential minerals and vitamins , it can do wonders to the overall health and well-being. Sattu sherbet can be consumed at any time of the day.
How to make Sattu Drink
Firstly , in a juicer , add sattu , cumin powder , chaat masala, dry mango powder , coriander leaves , mint leaves ,jaggery , water, lime juice, salt and ice cubes
Secondly , blend everything until it combines well.
Finally , pour to a glass jar and serve immediately.
Sattu Drink | Sattu Namkeen Sherbet
- 3 tablespoon Sattu Powder / Sattu flour
- ½ teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Powder
- ½ teaspoon Dry Mango / Amachur Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Jaggery powder or coconut sugar - optional
- ¼ teaspoon Green chillies chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Chaat Masala - optional
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves - chopped
- 3-4 Mint leaves - torn
- Salt as required
- 2 Cups water
- Ice cubes as required
- In a juicer , add sattu , cumin powder , chaat masala, dry mango powder , coriander leaves , mint leaves ,jaggery , water, lime juice, salt and ice cubes
- Blend everything until it combines well.
- Pour to a glass jar and serve immediately.