Butter Garlic Mushroom recipe with step by step photos and video . Buttery garlic mushrooms will be your new addiction . Its quick and tasty with a garlicky flavor is too good to resist along with soya glaze. Serve this yummy buttery mushrooms with almost everything !
About this recipe
Garlic mushrooms are cooked in butter and garlic, hence the name of the recipe. However, the extra ingredients added just boosts extra punch of flavours to make you fall in love with this recipe.
To make this delicious mushroom recipe , you need some basic ingredients mushrooms, butter , garlic , soya sauce ,herbs and seasoning that's it . All it takes is just 15 minutes to put up this dish. It tastes so good that you can serve with almost anything . You can top in on bread toast or can make chop and add to make simple mushroom sandwiches. Serve with some roasted chicken , fish or steaks , it tastes awesome. If not anything, just serve it as a appetizer too .
Ingredients , Tips and Variations
Mushrooms : Choose some fresh , good button mushrooms. Clean mushroom with a brush or pat with a kitchen towel to remove the dirt . Just right before adding into a pan to cook, rinse mushrooms. If you rinse and keep it , mushrooms absorbs more water and turns slimy while cooking.
Unsalted Butter is recommended here.
Garlic : Peel fresh garlic , chop fine or mince and use it in recipe to get bursting flavours. Garlic is added in half the way of cooking mushrooms. As adding it initially may burn garlic and gives a burnt garlic flavour, which is not right for the recipe.
Onions adds nothing but more and more taste to this recipe , caramelized onions and mushrooms tastes real good. Try it , if you haven't yet. This is an optional ingredient and can skip , if you wish.
Soya Sauce and White vinegar : Tang and acidity from this enhances the taste of garlic mushroom . The original recipe calls for some white wine , you can try it too. Or you can totally skip these ingredients.
Herbs : Fresh parsley , cilantro, celery or thyme are my choices , you can add anything as per your likings and availability.
Seasoning : Salt and generous amount of pepper powder is added to bring out taste from buttery garlic mushrooms.
How to make Butter Garlic Mushroom
Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the mushrooms, mix gently such that butter coats mushrooms.
Now cook for about 4-5 minutes , when mushrooms starts to release water , move mushrooms to one corner and make some space.
Now add some butter, chopped onion and minced garlic.
Sauté the onion until softened.
Mix well everything and saute until mushrooms turns golden and crispy on the edges. Take care not to burn garlic .
Mushroom changes color
Add soya sauce and white vinegar , saute for a minute.
Season with salt and pepper as per your taste.
Stir through 2 tablespoon of cilantro.
Sprinkle any herbs( thyme , basil , parsley ) of your choice for final punch of flavour and serve warm.
Butter Garlic Mushroom
- 500 grams Button Mushrooms
- 3+1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 500 grams Button Mushrooms
- ¼ Cup Onion chopped - optional
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro / parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon White Vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the mushrooms, mix gently such that butter coats mushrooms.
- Now cook for about 4-5 minutes , when mushrooms starts to release water , move mushrooms to one corner and make some space.
- Now add some butter, chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté the onion until softened.
- Mix well everything and saute until mushrooms turns golden and crispy on the edges.Take care not to burn garlic .
- Add soya sauce and white vinegar , saute for a minute.
- Season with salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Stir through 2 tablespoon of cilantro.
- Sprinkle any herbs( thyme , basil , parsley ) of your choice for extra kick of final flavour and serve warm.