Dates halwa is a natural sweet made with ghee ,cashews, milk and flavoured with cardamom .Which is delicious and can be served to any for instant energy.
Dates are best eaten by themselves,it works well as quick snack because it contains natural sugar.All women,girls and kids out there ,never miss to add this date in your regular diet. Why women,girls and kids, even men can eat it but as we all know Women are more beauty conscious 🙂
We all know that Dates are rich in iron,so it’s very much recommended for all girls and ladies,along with it, it’s great blood purifier too ,to get that good glowing face.Its Vitamin C and D works on your skin elasticity which gives you anti-ageing benefits.So was the reason ,i mentioned ladies and girls.
Dates are rich in many minerals,which helps in maintaining our bone health.Many of elderly woman suffers from osteoporosis,eating dates regularly now may help in preventing osteoporosis, as bone density would be maintained.So it’s good to eat dates in small quantity regularly.
As it’s rich in iron,protein and gives instant energy it said to be one of the best snack.Once after your gym workout grab 3-4 dates,its protein keeps your muscle strong and gives you energy instantly.
For all mothers,out there…..,I suggest to Eat and Give your Kids Dates,to build a strong immune system. This dates halwa recipe is for those ,who doesn’t like to eat dates on its own.
Recipe Card for Dates Halwa
Dates Halwa | Khajoor Ka Halwa
- 250 grams Dates
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 3-4 Tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 2 Tbsp Cashew pieces
- 1.5 -2 Tbsp Sugar Optional
- 1/2 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- Heat 125 ml of milk , add sugar(if needed only ) to milk ,and keep aside.
- Roughly chop deseeded dates and soak dates in milk and keep it closed aside for 30 minutes.
- Drain milk and keep it aside. Add Dates to a blender and blend it to a smooth paste ,by adding milk.
- Take a nonstick pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter,fry cashew pieces till golden brown ,keep it aside.
- In the same pan,add blended dates paste and cook for 8-10 minutes,when colour starts changing add ghee,mix well,till ghee gets incorporated with dates cook for another 5-8 minutes,till done.
- Turn off heat,add 1/2 Tbsp of ghee fried cashews and cardamom powder,mix well.
Step -By- Step Directions on making of Dates Halwa Recipe:
1.Heat 125ml of milk ,add sugar to milk ,and keep aside.(As Dates have natural sugar,don’t add more sugar. 1-3 Tbsp sugar is enough,depends on the type of dates used. I have used Lion Dates and have added 1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar.)
2.Roughly chop deseeded dates and soak dates in milk and keep it closed aside for 30 minutes.
3.Drain milk and keep it aside.Add Dates to a blender and blend it to a smooth paste ,by adding milk.
4.Take a nonstick pan, heat 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter,fry cashew pieces till golden brown ,keep it aside.
5.In the same pan,add blended dates paste and cook for 8-10 minutes,when colour starts changing to dark brown add 1 Tbsp of ghee,mix till it’s well incorporated with dates.
Again add 1 Tbsp of ghee add cook for another 5-8 minutes,when it forms mass and starts to leaving the edges,it’s done.
Turn off the heat,add 1/2 Tbsp of ghee,fried cashews and cardamom powder,mix well.
Serve it hot , warm or cold ,it tastes good in all form.