This recipe is one of my all time favourite. Recently , I had blogged about Beetroot Egg Bhurji, this recipe is similar to that . French beans, Dill Leaves and Egg everything complement each other with their own flavours. I love this so much that I can finish a plate of this at any time a day.
It tastes really Yum,give a try and definitely you'll love the taste. It's just a side dish and not a combination to eat along with Roti or phulka .You can enjoy the real taste of it when you have as a side dish along with Rice and Rasam .
If you are on a Weight Loss Diet Plan , then you can consider eating this as a part of your light dinner . French beans are very low in calories ,good in Protein, Vit C and Folic Acid.Also Dill leaves are great source of protein , calcium and iron. Hence ,all weight watchers please add this in your meal , Healthy , Tasty , Nutritious and Low Calories too.
Other Egg recipes that may interest you are Onion Egg Bhurji , Beetroot Egg Bhurji ,Scrambled Egg Curry , Savoury Egg Toast , Classic French Toast , Scrambled Mushroom with Egg , Kerala Egg Curry , Easy Egg Gravy and Kolhapuri Egg Masala.
RECIPE CARD FOR FRENCH BEANS EGG BHURJI
French Beans Egg Bhurji
- 2 cups French Beans, Chopped
- 1 cup Dill Leaves , Chopped
- 2 no's Onions, Chopped
- 4 no's Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- ½ Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp Chana Dal
- 1 ½ Tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt as required
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Heat Oil in a wok,add Mustard Seeds once it crackles ,add chana dal.
- Add chopped onions and fry till it turns translucent.
- Add Chopped French Beans, saute and cook for 10 minutes on a medium heat.
- Then add in chopped Dill Leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Break 4 eggs into above cooked Beans and Dill . allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then mix well and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes. Finally add chilli powder and salt to taste, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot .
Step by Step Directions :
Heat Oil in a wok,add Mustard Seeds followed by chana dal. Add chopped onions and fry till it turns translucent.
Add Chopped French Beans,saute and cook for 10 minutes.
Then add chopped Dill Leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Break 4 eggs into above cooked Beans and Dill .Leave it for 3-4 minutes.
Then mix well and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes. Finally add chilly powder and salt to taste, mix well.