Onion Egg Bhurji is one of the easiest and simplest of all recipes. Egg Bhurji or anda bhurji is the name given for Scrambled Egg with some spices , vegetables and herbs. But whereas in Onion Egg Bhurji , it’s only onion that is used to put up this dish. It takes less than 15 minutes and it’s one of the most favourite recipe among Bachelors. Also this goes very well as starter with any drink .
Though there is no much recipe in this Egg Bhurji , the main key to get this recipe right is in frying onions. Adding lots of finely chopped onions and frying till golden brown ,yields a delicious Onions Egg Bhurji . As I had lots and lots of requests for making a simple Egg Bhurji that goes well as side dish , I opted to post this recipe. I cook mainly 3 types of Egg Bhurji , Masala Egg Bhurji , South Indian Style Egg Bhurji and Onion Egg Bhurji.
You can serve this Onion Egg Bhurji as a side Dish , it also goes well with Phulka. South Indian Style Egg Bhurji goes very well with Poori and Masala Egg Bhurji with Chapati ,Pav or even Bread. Shortly ,I’ll update other 2 recipes too , stay connected for updates. Vegetable based Egg Bhurji ,which I love the most are Beans Egg Bhurji and Beetroot Egg Bhurji .
Other Egg based recipes on blog are : Kolhapuri Egg Masala , Kerala Egg Masala , Simple Egg Curry and Scrambled Egg Curry . Also If you are looking for Egg Breakfast ,try this Oats Omelette , Spanish Potato Omelette , Scrambled Egg & Mushroom
RECIPE CARD FOR ONION EGG BHURJI
Onion Egg Bhurji
- 3 no Whole Eggs
- 3 no's Onions , Medium size finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3/4 -1 Tsp Salt or as required
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper powder or as required
- 4 Tbsp Coriander Leaves , chopped
- Heat 2-3 Tbsp of oil in a skillet / frying pan.
- Add 2 cups of finely chopped onions and fry till raw smell vanishes.
- Now add in chopped green chillies and saute well , till onions turns translucent.
- Break in 3 eggs, mix and saute till eggs are well cooked .
- Scramble egg well till it becomes small bits .
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper powder ,mix well everything.
- Now add in freshly chopped coriander leaves ,mix well and serve hot.
Step by Step Directions for making Onion Egg Bhurji :
Heat 2-3 Tbsp of oil in a skillet / frying pan.
Add 2 cups of finely chopped onions and fry till raw smell vanishes.
Now add in chopped green chillies and saute well , till onions turns translucent.
Break in 3 eggs, mix and saute till eggs are well cooked .
Scramble egg well till it becomes small bits .
Add salt and freshly black pepper powder ,mix well everything.
Now add in freshly chopped coriander leaves ,mix well and serve hot.
Serve hot with Phulka or serve as a starter/snack along with a drink.