Pesarattu is a green gram dosa aka mung bean dosa which is more nutritious and healthy.What makes it different from regular dosa is rice-urad dal is not used here and also its not fermented. It’s only green grams, spoonful of rice and spices makes it a healthy tasty and super nutritious dosa.
Nutrition : This humble size green grams provides you with high range of nutrients and offers you healthy benefits. Green grams are high in fiber , protein and various vitamin B ,as it is rich in dietary fiber,it keeps you full and satisfied for long without any hunger pangs till your next meal. And it’s even ideal for weight loss ,as its fibrous rich,nutrients rich and also protein rich. 100 grams of this green grams provides approximately 367 calories ,so even a small serving can meet your calorie requirements per meal.
Eating in moderation is only key for success in your weight loss regime ,just don’t be on bland diet ,have a thoughtful diet ,which keeps you full of energy,always be active to stay fit. Serve this nutritious Pesarattu hot, with ghee and Spicy Peanut Chutney. This dosa tastes ultimate when accompanied with Spicy Peanut Chutneyonly, so if your trying this recipe make sure you serve it with Spicy Peanut Chutney or Tomato Chutney.
RECIPE CARD FOR PESARATTU
Pesarattu Recipe | Greengram Dosa Recipe
- 1 Cup Green grams
- 1/3 Cup Rice
- 3/4 Tsp Jeera /Cumin Seeds
- 1-2 Dry red chilly
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Pinch Coking soda optional
- Soak green grams and rice overnight or 6-8 hrs.Wash and rinse well,drain water completely and set aside.
- Take a wet mixer jar and grind soaked green grams, rice along with jeera and red chillies to a smooth batter .
- Prepare batter to the consistency of regular dosa ,it should not be too thick or too watery.Add salt and pinch of cooking soda.
- Once batter is prepared,you can prepare dosa instantly as fermentation is not required.
- Heat griddle/tawa,pour a laddel full of batter on tava and spread to make dosa and cook for a minute by closing the lid ,open the lid smear some ghee
- Drizzle ghee on top and serve hot with Spicy Peanut Chutney
Step by Step directions for making of Pesarattu :
Wash and rinse green gram and rice well.
Soak green grams and rice overnight or for 6-7 hrs.
In a wet mixer jar ,add soaked green grams, rice , jeera and red chillies.
Grind to a smooth batter by adding water.Prepare batter to the consistency of regular dosa ,it should not be too thick or too watery. Add salt and pinch of cooking soda.Once batter is prepared,you can prepare dosa instantly as fermentation is not required.
Heat griddle/tawa,pour a ladle full of batter on tawa/griddle and spread to make dosa .
Close lid and cook for 1-2 minutes, once cooked open the lid smear some ghee.
Serve hot with Spicy Peanut Chutney.