Spicy peanut chutney with step by step photos . A protein rich spicy peanut chutney along with Pesarattu is a best breakfast, to start your day. Having a protein rich meal plays a very crucial role in one's diet,so add protein to each meal of your day. Be it a breakfast,lunch,dinner or snack,just make sure that there is a protein in your diet.
This is one of my favorite breakfast as it tastes really really good. A typical South Indian protein packed breakfast. Peanuts has many health advantages like boosting memory power, fertility, blood sugar regulation and also fights depression. Adding this to our diet in moderation helps to keep healthy and fit !
If interested do check my other chutney recipes :
RECIPE CARD FOR SPICY PEANUT CHUTNEY
Spicy Peanut Chutney
- ½ cup Peanuts/ Groundnuts
- 1 Onion , large
- 1 Tomato , Medium size
- 2-3 no's Green Chillies
- ½ inch Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Jeera/ Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Edible Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- 1-2 broken Red Chilly
- Dry Roast or microwave Peanuts till skin starts to peel.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil,add jeera,once it starts to change colour,add sliced onion ,ginger and green chillies fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and add salt as it helps tomatoes to cook early.Once tomato is cooked turn off the heat,let it cool.
- Transfer it into a chutney jar and blend to smooth paste by adding very little water,about ¼ cup.
- Temper all the ingredients under tempering in order ,and pour it over the chutney.
Step-By-Step directions to make spicy peanut chutney :
Healthy peanut chutney is ready to serve along with Pesarattu/green gram dosa.