A protein rich spicy peanut chutney along with Pesarattu is a best breakfast ,to start your day.Having a protein rich meal plays a very crucial role in one’s diet,so add protein to each meal of your day. Be it a breakfast,lunch,dinner or snack,just make sure that there is a protein in your diet.
This is one of my favourite breakfast as it tastes really really good. A typical south indian protein packed breakfast.Peanuts has many health advantages like boosting memory power,fertility,blood sugar regulation and also fights depression.Adding this to our diet keeps us healthy and fit !
Recipe Card For Spicy Peanut Chutney
Author: Muktha Gopinath
Recipe Category: Accompainments
Recipe Cuisine: South India
Spicy Peanut Chutney.
- Peanuts/ Groundnuts : 1/2 Cup
- Onion : 1 Big
- Tomato : 1 Big-Medium
- Green Chillies : 2-3
- Ginger : 1/2 ” inch
- Jeera/ Cumin Seeds : 1/2 Tsp
- Oil : 1 Tbsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp or as required
- Edible Oil : 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tsp
- Asafoetida : 1 Pinch
- Curry Leaves : 1 Sprig
- Red Chilly : 1-2 Broken
- Dry Roast or microwave Peanuts till skin starts to peel.
- Heat 1 Tsp of oil,add jeera,once it starts to change colour,add sliced onion ,ginger and green chillies fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add tomatoes and add salt as it helps tomatoes to cook early.Once tomato is cooked turn off the heat,let it cool.
- Transfer it into a chutney jar and blend to smooth paste by adding very little water,about 1/4 cup.
- Temper all the ingredients under tempering in order ,and pour it over the chutney.
Step-By-Step Preparation Details:
1.Dry roast peanuts in a pan and transfer to a mixer jar.
2.In the same pan add oil once it’s hot add jeera once it starts changing color, add green chillies fry.Add sliced onions and ginger till the raw smell goes off.
3.Then add tomatoes and add salt as it helps tomatoes to cook early.Once water content in tomato goes off turn off the gas,let it cool.
4.Then transfer to the mixer jar with peanuts and grind to a smooth paste adding little water.Temper it with mustard,Asafoetida,curry leaves and red chillies.
Healthy peanut chutney is ready to serve along with Pesarattu/green gram dosa.