Healthy trail mix recipe with step by step photos and video. Trail mix is a combination of Nuts , Seeds and dry fruits of your choices. Trail mix can be used as a snack or just top on smoothies or on any breakfast cereals.
As it is rich in fats and nutrients , just 2 Tbsp is sufficient for snacking as it adds about 118 calories approximately.
Health Benefits of Trail Mix
1. Seeds are extremely nutritious and are great sources of fiber , protein , healthy monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and many important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. When consumed as part of a healthy diet, seeds can help reduce blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure and also balances hormonal issues. As this is one of the vast topic , you can read more about healthy seeds here.
2. Nuts are healthy and are usually high in fat, the fat they contain is a healthy type. They’re also good sources of fiber and protein. Many research and studies shows that nuts provide various health benefits — especially in regards to reducing heart disease risk factors. Read more about nuts here
3.Dried Fruits , are natural sweetners with high fiber , antoxidants and array of vutamins and minerals. Adding it in daily diet in moderation has many benefits from providing instant energy, helps in weight management , ease digestion and its antoxidants gives a young looking skin always.
Ingredients for Healthy Trail Mix
1. Nuts – Feel free to use any kind of raw nut here ! Try not you use store brought roasted nuts as it may be roasted with some amount of hydrogenated or some kind of refined oils and it may also contain salt. Its always recommended to dry roast them at home for an added extra crunch.
2. Seeds – Apart from nuts in Healthy Trail Mix , seeds actually has a whole lot of nutrients including protein, iron, magnesium , selenium and an array of vitamins and minerals. Again here , look for raw and unsalted seeds.
3. Dried Fruit – Contains high sugar in it , they’re a great snack to help boost low blood sugar after a high dose of strenous physical activity. isn’t coated in sugar and is ideally unsulfured. It’s more expensive, but it’s wor Be sure to pick premium quality sun dried fruits without any preservatives in it.
4. Other Ingredients - For variations in healthy trail mix , along with nuts , seeds and dry fruits , you can also add some dark chocolates. For flavouring some spices like pinch of cardamom powder or cinnamon powder or nutmeg can be added . If you like sweet and salt trail mix , just add a pinch of pink salt while roasting nuts , it adds lot of taste to sweet crunchy trail mix.
This Trail Mix can be a healthy snack option. It is recommended for all those looking for weight loss especially with hormonal issues . For Thyroid, PCOD / PCOS and Hormonal Issues , minerals like zinc , selenium and iron are considered as superfoods. But moderation is the key here , as it is rich in fat and has lot of calories , just about 2 tablespoon ( 20 grams here ) is recomended serving size which has about 118 calories approximately.
If you are looking for more healthy snack options , then add Cornflakes chivda and Roasted Makhana |Roasted Fox Nuts for snacking in your weightloss journey.
Step by step directions
Firstly , in a thick bottom pan , Dry roast nuts on a low flame for about 5 to 6 minutes.
Now make some space at the centre , add all nuts one by one
and now continue to roast until seeds starts to pop.
Turn off the stove and transfer the nuts into a mixing bowl.
Also add dry fruits ,
Mix well everything.
Store in a airt tight container and use it as required.
Healthy Trail Mix
- ½ Cup Almonds
- ⅓ Cup Cashews
- ¼ Cup Pistachios
- ¼ Cup Walnut kernels
- ¼ Cup Dry Coconut - thinly sliced
- ¼ Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 4 tablespoon Melon Seeds
- 4 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 2 tablespoon Flax Seeds
- ½ Cup Cranberries
- ⅓ Cup Raisins
- 3 to 4 Dry Figs or Dates
- In a thick bottom pan , Dry roast nutson a low flame for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now make some space at the centre , addall nuts one by one and continue to roast untill seeds starts to pop.
- Turn off the stove and transfer the nutsinto a mixing bowl.
- Add dry fruits , Mix well everything.
- Store in a airt tight container and use it as required.
- Alternatively to dry roasting , you can mix raw nuts , seeds together and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 F / 175 deg celsius.
Leave a Reply