Cornflakes Chivda Recipe with step by step photos and videos. Cornflakes Chivda or namkeen or mixture is a healthy , crunchy low fat snack with assorted dry fruits , nuts , seeds and spices.
Basically Chivda is a savoury mixture with a basic tempering of mustard seeds , curry leaves and some spices.
About this recipe
This post shares my way of making Cornflakes Chivda which is easy to make and can be a healthy evening munch . I have used just 1 tablespoon of oil to make this Cornflakes mixture as I am using ready to eat Cornflakes here. If you are using Makai Poha or Corn Poha , then you need to deep fry Makai Poha in Oil . Since I'm using Kelloggs Regular Corn Flakes , you just need to ligthly roast along with other ingredients to get crunchy cornflakes namkeen.
Cornflakes Namkeen makes a healthy snack option for everyone to munch along with Masala Chai on any rainy day . Yes, this is what I do while sipping on my hot cup of masala chai , seeing rain from my window panes with some classic background music.
What makes Cornflakes a Healthy Snack ?
Corn flakes are very rich in thiamine. Thiamine is good for carbohydrate metabolism, energy production and cognitive functions. It is also rich in iron content, which maintains healthy blood levels and keeps the brain alert. As cornflakes are nutritious and also low in fat , adding as a light snack will be beneficial without any loaded calories. Hence makes a wise choice for health and weight conscious people .
Few more low calorie snacks recipes
Step by step directions to make cornflakes chivda
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan / khadai
Add groundnuts and fry on a medium heat till its skin starts to peel.
Now add cashew and continue to roast, when it is about to change colour add dry coconut slices.
Fry coconut slices for a 1-2 minutes on a medium heat.
Add 2-3 sprigs of curry leaves and fry till it turns crisp.Make sure not to burn or brown previously added ingredients.
Add sesame seeds , when it starts to pop , regulate the flame to low
Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, red chilli powder, chat masala , pinch of nutmeg powder , salt and sugar.
Mix well everything.
Now add cornflakes, mix well and gently roast it on a low heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
Turn off the stove ,once it cools down , store in a air tight glass jar. Cornflakes chivda is ready to serve, store and use as required.
Cornflakes Chivda | Cornflakes Namkeen
- 4 Cups Cornflakes - ready to eat
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 4 tablespoon Groundnuts
- 15 grams Dry Coconut slices - about ⅙ cup
- 2 tablespoon Cashews - pieces
- 1.5 tablespoon Raisins
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds
- 2-3 Curry leaves , - sprig
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1- 1.5 teaspoon Red Chilli powder - as per your taste
- ½ teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Hing / Asafoetida
- 1 pinch Nutmeg powder - optional
- 1 teaspoon Salt or as required
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan / kadai
- Add groundnuts and fry on a medium heat till its skin starts to peel.
- Now add cashew and continue to roast, when it is about to change colour add dry coconut slices.
- Fry coconut slices for a 1-2 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add 2-3 sprigs of curry leaves and fry till it turns crisp. Make sure not to burn or brown previously added ingredients.
- Now regulate the flame to low and add turmeric powder, asafoetida, red chilli powder, chat masala , pinch of nutmeg powder , salt and sugar.
- Mix well everything.
- Now add cornflakes, mix well andgently roast it on a low heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove ,once it coolsdown , store in a air tight glass jar and use as required.
- There is no actual measurement on the amount of spices and sugar in this recipe , can alter as per your taste.
- Also can add almonds and more nuts as per your likings.
Tried this yesterday and came out well. One best thing I found with this recipe is , you feel full soon and stop binging,it’s satiating, definitely a healthy choice
I'm glad you liked it. Eat healthy, stay safe. Thank you
Try this one of mine alsohttps://www.omgfeeds.com/diet-namkeen-recipe-for-weight-loss/