Mushroom garlic fried rice is a flavorsome rice made with left over rice and button mushrooms and crispy fried garlic . Get ready within 20 minutes with left over rice and makes it for quick dinner or lunch. You can pair it with Chinese style curries for added flavor.
About this recipe
Mushroom Garlic fried rice is a spicy lip smacking Indo-Chinese dish made using leftover rice, mushrooms, and sauces. Adding golden fried garlic chips , instantly elevates the flavor of the dish.
This recipe of mushroom fried rice is very adaptable and you can play with flavors by adding different sauces according to your taste preference. You can also add more vegetables or proteins to suit your needs.
It is a great dish to pack lunchbox , travels and picnic too.
This Mushroom Fried Rice is,
- Flavorsome and Delicious
- Quick and Easy
- Prepared with leftover rice
- Perfect to pack
- completely customizable
To make this quick and easy, fuss free Burnt Garlic Mushroom fried rice recipe, you will need,
Rice – Use any short grain non-sticky rice for this rice recipe. Make sure to cool the rice completely before stir-frying it otherwise it will become mushy.
Veggies – I have used celery, onion, green bell pepper, green onions, and button mushrooms. You can add any mushrooms that are available to you.
You can add more veggies like carrots, green beans, broccoli etc to it too.
Garlic – It single-handedly adds so much taste and flavor to this recipe , its the hero of the dish.
Oil – I have used sesame oil, as it adds a more authentic taste to the recipe. But if you do not have the same, you can just use the regular vegetable oil for this recipe.
Others – Surely we need few more ingredients such as soy sauce, red chili sauce , white vinegar, ground black pepper, and salt. Since we are adding soy sauce which is has lots of salt in it already , be careful while adding salt.
For fried rice , its always best to use leftover cooked rice. But if you want to make it using fresh rice, make sure to cool it completely in a wide plate and refrigerate it for a few hours before using.
I have used short grain white rice to make this dish . But you can definitely use long grain rice or medium size rice, Jasmine rice , brown rice, millets , quinoa or cauliflower rice .
Try to use a wide pan or iron wok to make fried rice.
Schezwan & Chilli Garlic – Add a few teaspoon of schezwan sauce or Chilli Garlic or any other sauces to this rice to make it spicy or give any respective flavors.
Cauliflower – Replace rice with cauliflower rice and make cauliflower mushroom rice for all weight watchers.
Veggies – You can add veggies like red and yellow bell peppers, corn, asparagus, carrot, baby corn, etc to this rice.
Eggs and Meat – You can scramble the eggs and add beef, chicken, bacon, chorizo, shrimp etc to this rice with the mushrooms to make an respective mushroom fried rice recipe.
Can I store the leftovers ?
It can be stored for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Reheat only the required amount in a wok or in the microwave until nice and warm, before serving again.
Any substitute for Button Mushrooms , in this recipe ?
I have used button mushrooms in this recipe. However, you can make cremini mushrooms or with fresh shiitake mushrooms . Also you can use combination of various varieties of edible mushrooms.
Is adding Celery in must ?
Substitute fresh coriander/cilantro leaves if you do not have celery.
Can we make it for big batch?
The recipe can be scaled to make a big batch or small batches.
You might also like
How to make Mushroom Garlic Fried Rice
Wash mushrooms to get rid of soil and pesticides if any. Pat it dry and slice them.
In a pan , heat 2 tablespoon of sesame oil and add slice garlic. Fry until crisp and nice golden in color. Make sure not to brown , it should only be golden in color. Frying it more will make it bitter.
Remove fried garlic from oil and set aside till use.
Into the same pan , add chopped garlic, ginger, onion , white part of spring onion/scallions and fry for 1-2 minutes till raw smell vanishes. Now add celery stalks and give a quick stir.
Add Sliced mushroom and saute on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes
When it starts to release water and turns brown from edges add soya sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce and mix well.
Add left over rice , 1 tablespoon of sesame oil ,salt and pepper to taste.
Fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes, turn off the stove.
Add green onions, celery and fried garlic .
Quick stir and serve with any of your favorite Indo Chinese side dish.
Mushroom Garlic Fried Rice
- 4 Cups Cooked rice
- 200 grams Button Mushroom - sliced
- 3 tablespoon Sesame Oil - divided into 2 + 1 tbsp
- 2 tablespoon Garlic Sliced
- 1 tablespoon Garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Onion - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon - white part of green onions / scallions
- 1 tablespoon Celery stalk - chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dark Soya Sauce
- ½ tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder or as required
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Celery leaves - chopped
- ½ Cup Scallions / green onions
- Wash mushrooms to get rid of soil and pesticides if any. Pat it dry and slice them.
- In a pan , heat 2 tablespoon of sesame oil and add slice garlic. Fry until crisp and nice golden in color. Make sure not to brown , it should only be golden in color. Frying it more will make it bitter.
- Remove fried garlic from oil and set aside till use.
- Into the same pan , add chopped garlic, ginger, onion , white part of spring onion/scallions and fry for 1-2 minutes till raw smell vanishes.Now add celery stalks and give a quick stir..
- Add Sliced mushroom and saute on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes
- When it starts to release water and turns brown from edges add soya sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce and mix well.
- Add left over rice , 1 tablespoon of sesame oil ,salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes, turn off the stove.
- Add green onions, celery and fried garlic .
- Quick stir and serve with any of your favourite Indo Chinese side dish