Spicy chicken wings recipe is a flavourful crispy chicken tossed in a zesty garlic hot sauce. These chicken wings appetizers are absolute crowd pleaser with spicy and sticky hot sauce. From prep to finish , you need just 30 minutes all together to put up this madly loved dish.
This may sound crazy but trust me without any oil you can bake this flavourful super crispy wings ! Tossing these crispy wings in a spicy hot garlic sauce makes it just irrestiable .
Be it a weekend dinner or holiday gatherings , sweet and spicy sticky chicken wings are superhit and can be anyone's favourite in a minute !
Love chicken ? Check these party appetizers Chicken Lollipop , Chicken Nuggets , Southern Fried Chicken , Chicken Tikka , Tandoori Chicken and Non -fried Chilli Chicken
About this recipe
My verison spicy chicken wings are tossed in Asian flavour sauce . It is a delicious crispy chicken tossed in a spicy sriracha hot chilli garlic sauce.
To make this recipe , chicken wings are generously rubbed with favorite spices dusted in flour and baked until extra crisp . The magical ingredient is baking powder ( aluminium free baking powder) which makes chicken wings super crisp.
Bake chicken at 220 degrees C ( about 425 F ) for 25 minutes , halfway flip and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown on both sides. Then toss in hot chilli sauce on stove top on high flame .
Slightly sweet , hot sauce coats all over the crispy chicken and finally turns into a sticky finger licking spicy hot wings.
You must try this recipe as it is
- Super Tasty
- Crowd Pleaser
To make spicy chicken in hot sauce , you need spices to flavour chicken and few assorted sauces to make a zesty sauce.
Chicken Wings - Drumettes and Wingettes (or whole chicken wings; each wing separated at the joint into 2 pieces) .
Flour - You can choose either APF or corn flour . I have used cornflour but you can choose whichever is available. If you don't want to use any flour , you can totally skip without offence.
Baking Powder ( Aluminium Free ) - Oh Yes ! It gives extra crisp chicken . A tip from Jamie Oliver , don't hesitate to try. It is baking powder and NOT Baking Soda. You can check my crispy fried chicken recipe too !
Spices - I use garlic powder , smoked paprika , onion powder , salt and pepper to load with added flavours. You can choose to use any flavours you wish.
To make my version of spicy hot garlic sauce , you'll need
Minced Garlic - Is a must ingredient to bring on flavours in this sauce.
Minced Ginger , optional
Green chillies - You red or green , hot chiies
Soy sauce - You can use either sweet soya sauce or light soya sauce.
White Vinegar - White vinegar or rice vinegar
Honey - For sweetness , I use Honey . You can choose to use either honey or brown sugar.
Sirracha Hot Chilli Garlic Sauce - This is what , I have used. But you can use any spicy Hot chilli sauce like Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce .
Butter - to give a nice suacy glaze. For non dairy , you can use sesame oil.
How to make spicy chicken wings
For Crispy Chicken
Preheat oven to 220 deg Celius ( 425 deg F)
Pat dry each wing on a kitchen towel.
In a mixing bowl , add flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt , pepper powder, baking powder , paprika powder and mix well everything.
Nicely mix chicken wings with spiced flour and dust off any extra flour.
Line baking pan with parchment paper , grease or use baking spray.
Arrange chicken wings and bake at 220 deg Celsius ( 425 deg F) for 25 minutes.
Half way through (around 15 minutes) , flip chicken to other side and bake until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
In a frying pan , heat 2 tablespoon of butter on a stove top.
Add minced garlic, ginger , green chillies and saute for a 30-60 seconds.
Add hot Sriracha Hot sauce , soya sauce , vinegar , honey and give a quick stir.
It comes to bubble and slightly thickens.
When it starts to bubble , finally add crispy chicken wings and toss on a high heat for sauce to nicely coat over the chicken.
Turn off the stove , garnish with tossed sesame seeds, chopped cilantro and onion greens.
Serve hot with any of your favourite sauce.
Spicy Chicken Wings Recipe
For Crispy Chicken
- 500 grams 1 lbs chicken wing nibbles -- Drumettes and Wingettes - or whole chicken wings; each wing separated at the joint into 2 pieces
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour or APF
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder - Aluminium free
- Melted butter for greasing
For Spicy Hot Garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger - minced
- 1 no - chilli , finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon Hot Sirracha Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Soya Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Honey or Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Tossed sesame seeds - optional
- Onion greens or cilantro - optional
For Crispy Chicken
- Preheat oven to 220 deg Celsius ( 425 deg F)
- Pat dry each wing on a kitchen towel.
- In a mixing bowl , add flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt , pepper powder, baking powder , paprika powder and mix well everything.
- Nicely mix chicken wings with spiced flour and dust off any extra flour.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper , grease or use baking spray.
- Arrange chicken wings and bake at 220 deg Celsius ( 425 deg F) for 25 minutes.
- Hal way through (around 15 minutes) , flip chicken to other side and bake until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- In a frying pan , heat 2 tablespoon of butter on a stove top.
- Add minced garlic, ginger , green chillies and saute for a 30-60 seconds.
- Add hot Sriracha Hot sauce , soya sauce , vinegar , honey and give a quick stir. Let it come to bubble
- When sauce is ready , Add baked crispy chicken wings and toss on a high heat for sauce to nicely coat over the chicken.
- Turn off the stove , garnish with tossed sesame seeds, chopped cilantro and onion greens.
- Serve hot with any of your favourite sauce.
Can I deep fry instead of baking ?
Yes , of course . You can deep fry or air fry chicken until crispy.
Instead of wings can I use boneless chicken ?
Yes , you can use.
Can I make it ahead ?
You can bake chicken ahead and keep in refrigerator. Just before serving broil / grill for 4 minutes and then toss in spicy sauce.
Leave a Reply