A rich and creamy homemade Hot Chocolate gets ready in few minutes. To make this best ever hot chocolate, you just need 3 staple kitchen ingredients. Its favorite among many on cold winter days .
Serve a warm mug of hot cocoa , an ULTIMATE cozy drink along with some Chocolate crinkle cookies , peanut butter cookies , Almond cookies or some warm Banana bread
Saying said my other favorites for the season are cozy Apple Cinnamon Tea and Turmeric Milk
About this recipe
Hot chocolate is a perfect cozy drink for cold winter or monsoon evenings. You can make this best ever hot chocolate recipe on stove top , slow cooker or in instant pot.
To make hot chocolate , all you have to do is to add the ingredients to a saucepan . Stir it a few times keeping in simmer and your rich, creamy, chocolaty hot chocolate gets ready under 10 minutes.
Make this comforting drink using real ingredients at home with my fail-proof recipe.
To make this best ever cozy drink , all you need is just 3 ingredients , rest all are optional ingredients
- Chocolate – The most important and star of the recipe is of course this. Be sure to use a good quality bitter sweet 72% cocoa solids chocolate. You can use bittersweet chocolate chips, chunks, or shavings from a rich chocolate.
- Milk – Use full fat whole milk for a creamier and rich consistency. Also fat in milk incorporates chocolate better than skim milk.
- Fresh Cream - Yes, you read this right. For a rich and ultimate cocoa , you need to add pouring cream to make this recipe.
- Optional Ingredients - Sugar , Vanilla extract and Hot Chocolate Toppings.
Refer recipe card for actual measurements.
Espresso – Once your hot chocolate is ready, stir in a shot of espresso.
Caramel – Add caramel sauce to the hot chocolate with the other ingredients. Skip adding extra sugar as the caramel syrup is quite sweet.
Peppermint – Add in half a teaspoon of peppermint extract and give it a quick mix.
Cinnamon or other warm spices – Add in a little cinnamon powder or any other warm spices powder and give it a mix.
Always make Hot chocolate on simmer or low heat settings . Making it over high temperature may burn the chocolate and spoil the entire drink.
What are the best toppings for this Hot Chocolate ?
The BEST part about homemade hot chocolate recipe is that you can make a toppings bar for extra added flavors. My favorite is marshmallows but you can also add whipped cream , mini chocolate chips, sprinklers , cocoa dust , chocolate shavings and the list continues as per your taste and creativity.
How to reheat hot cocoa?
- Stovetop – Reheat in a saucepan over low heat until warm, stirring frequently.
- Instant Pot - The best part is that instant pot keeps it warm until you are ready to serve it.
- Slow Cooker – When serving at a party, you can also keep hot cocoa warm in a slow cooker on the low heat setting.
How to make vegan hot chocolate?
To make it vegan, replace dairy milk with dairy-free milk options such as almond milk, or cashew milk. Chocolate is vegan but still make sure to check the label as some brands may add dairy to their products.
Does hot chocolate have caffeine?
Unsweetened cocoa naturally contains small amount of caffeine hence hot chocolate does have some caffeine with it.
You may also like
How to make Hot Chocolate
Into a thick bottom sauce pan , add chopped chocolates , fresh cream , milk and sugar (if using).
Turn on the stove , keep on simmer and mix well everything until chocolate melts.
Now let on simmer till it starts to bubble
Again stir once again , you can find it thickening.
Now turn off the stove and add vanilla extract or any other flavors if you wish.
Mix well , pour to your mug top it with marshmallows and serve .
Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 60 grams Bitter sweet chocolate( about ⅓ cup grated ) , 72% cocoa solids
- 1 cup Full fat milk
- ¼ cup Fresh Cream
- 1/.2 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Into a thick bottom sauce pan , add chopped chocolates , fresh cream , milk and sugar ( if using).
- Turn on the stove , keep on simmer and mix well everything until chocolate melts.
- Now let on simmer till it starts to bubble
- Again stir once again , you can find it thickening.
- Now turn off the stove and add vanilla extract or any other flavors if you wish.
- Mix well , pour to your mug top it with marshmallows and serve .
- Always make sure to melt chocolate on simmer or low heat . when it starts to thicken , pull off the stove and add your favorite flavors.
Looks so beautiful....., lovely Christmas vibes