Fresh homemade pomegranate juice is tasty, packed with nutrients , no artificial colors flavors and preservative . Get's ready in just 5 minutes and good to go with your breakfast.
Fresh pomegranate juice is easy to make and it's economical than the packaged one that you will never buy it again once after you make this tasty pink juice at home.
Though I'm not a juice person , here are few of my health pick detox juice recipes that you may want to try – Beetroot Amla Juice, Carrot Pineapple Juice , Papaya Oats Juice and Coriander Amla Detox !
These juice-detox recipes are sure to give you nutritional boost to kick start your day !
About this recipe
When it comes to fruit juices , I'm very choosy. I prefer breakfast juices over thirst quenchers . And this spicy pomegranate juice is my all time favorite. It's sweet , tart and mildly spiced homemade pomegranate juice is tastier and lighter than the store-bought one.
To make this juice, I always remove pomegranate arils a day before and keep in fridge. Next day just put into a blender with some water , pinch of salt , pepper and juice it. Breakfast juice gets ready in 5 minutes.
This homemade pomegranate juice is
- Light and tasty
- Easy to make
- No artificial colors and flavors
Health Benefits Of Pomegranate
Pomegranate has many health benefits. It is very rich in vitamin C and vitamin E also a good source of folate, potassium, and vitamin K. Hence it is very beneficial for anemic people.
Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants and helps remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation.
It is also said that pomegranate juice reduce inflammation in the gut and improve digestion.
It is an most heart-healthy juice. It is said to protect the heart and arteries. Daily intake of this juice may also help lower systolic blood pressure.
Pomegranate juice is also helpful to reduce the inflammation that contributes to osteoarthritis and helps to overcome cartilage damage. Hence for good bone health pomegranate is must.
How to choose pomegranate
Always choose the pomegranates that are hard and has shiny bright skin . I have used locally grown organic pomegranates , these pomegranates had bright pink color and were very sweet.
Depending on the variety, the seeds may have a light pink , dark bright pink and deep crimson color. Color of the juice depends on the variety of pomegranate used.
Make sure there is no membrane attached to the pomegranate arils, otherwise the juice will become bitter in taste.
How to make Homemade Pomegranate Juice
Firstly refrigerate pomegranate arils overnight or for 2-3 hours . As this juice tastes best when served fresh and chilled .
Transfer chilled pomegranate arils into a high-speed blender or juicer.
Add black salt , red chilli pepper , black pepper powder and cumin powder .You can add ¼ cup chilled water to process .
Blend for 10-12 seconds until the arils are crushed but the hard seeds are still intact.
Sieve the juice through a fine-mesh strainer.
Keep pressing with a spoon or a spatula to get the maximum juice and discard the leftover pulp.
Serve fresh juice immediately.
Pomegranate Juice Recipe
- 2.5 -3 cups pomegranate arils - chilled
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon black salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 dash red chilli powder
- 1 pinch black pepper powder
- Firstly refrigerate pomegranate arils overnight or for 2-3 hours . As this juice tastes best when served fresh and chilled .
- Transfer chilled pomegranate arils into a high-speed blender or juicer.
- Add black salt , red chilli pepper , black pepper powder and cumin powder .
- You can add ¼ cup chilled water to process .
- Blend for 10-12 seconds until the arils are crushed but the hard seeds are still intact.
- Sieve the juice through a fine-mesh strainer. Keep pressing with a spoon or a spatula to get the maximum juice and discard the leftover pulp.
- Serve fresh pomegranate juice immediately
- Always remove pomegranate arils from membrane and store in refrigerator .
- Never wash the seeds. If arils come in contact with water, they get spoiled very soon.
- Pomegranates gets well along with berries and apples, you can mix and make a new variation.
- Can also add beetroot for improving iron and give a nutritional boost.
- If serving as a thirst quenchers , you can mix pomegranate juice with club soda, or seltzer.
Leave a Reply