Mango Mastani Recipe with step by step photos and video. Mango Mastani is a delicious mango ice cream milkshake topped with some glasses cherries ,nuts and mangoes.
Serve this immediately , It needs both spoon and straw to complete this drink.
Before season ends , do try this yummy Mango Mastani, so that you don't need to wait till next season.
About this recipe
Mango Mastani is recipe originated from Pune. A thick Mango Milkshake with ice cream , nuts and glazed cherries make this a delicious summer drink.
I had couple of requests from readers for this Pune originated , Mango Mastani recipe. As I live in Pune , thought to share this recipe as made in place of origin.
There is a place in Pune , known as Sujata in Sadashiv Peth which is famous for all flavors of Mastani . I did ask the shop keeper why it's called Mastani and he too said that it may be named after Peshwa Bajirao’s beautiful wife Mastani . But its only in tales and there is no connection of Mango mastani with Bajirao's wife Mastani. Its just a metaphor here.
Ingredients , Tips and Variations
Mango Pulp - Alphonso mango or Kesar mango are basically very sweet naturally. So , I always prefer to add Alphonso and Kesar mango to make Mango Mastani. I have used Kesar mango pulp to make this drink.
Full Cream Milk - Thick and full cream milk , chilled for few hours works best here.
Ice Cream - Vanilla or Mango Ice cream goes well with this Mastani . You can use 1 scoop of vanilla and 1 scoop of Mango also while serving.
Sugar - 1 or 2 Tbsp sweetener as required , depends on sweetness of mangoes too.
Dry Fruits and Nuts : Add chopped nuts of your choices and glazed cheeries. You can also top with tutti fruity . I personally don't like tutti fruity hence , I haven't added.
Step by step directions to make Mango Mastani
In a blender add 2 cups mango pulp and chilled milk .
Also add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
And blend everything together.
Taste and adjust sweetener , as it depends on the sweetness of mangoes and also ice cream. I used around 1Tbsp of sugar.
Pour to a tall glass, top with 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream, glazed cherries and chopped nuts and mangoes.
For Mango Milkshake
- 2 cups Mango Pulp
- 1 Cup Full cream milk - chilled
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice cream
- 1-2 Tbsp of Sugar - as required
- 2 Tbsp Pistachios - sliced
- 2 Tbsp Almonds - sliced
- 2 Tbsp of chopped Mangoes
- Few Glazed cherries
- 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 Tbsp Tutti fruity - optional
- In a blender add 2 cups mango pulp and chilled milk .
- Also add 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- And blend everything together.
- Taste and adjust sweetener , as it depends on the sweetness of mangoes and also ice cream. I used around 1Tbsp of sugar.
- Blend again
- Pour to a tall glass, top with 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream, glazed cherries and chopped nuts and mangoes.