Paneer Pepper dry is a quick , peppery taste side dish made under 30 minutes. It's easy to make with minimal ingredients, eat it all alone as a starter , serve as a side dish or roll as wrap , it tastes delicious.
If you like Paneer ( Indian Cottage Cheese ) then you can try these recipes too , checkout if these paneer recipes intrests you : Paneer Paratha , Paneer Butter Masala , Chilli Paneer, Palak Paneer and Palak Paneer Salad.
About this recipe
Paneer pepper dry is a quick and tasty recipe that can be made under 20 minutes . It's spicy , tasty and healthy too. It's non-fried recipe making it more healthy .
This paneer pepper dry is my version of non deep fried recipe , it's tasty and worth the try.
Serve paneer pepper dry with pickled onions , cucumber and roti with dal for complete meals . You can also stuff inside roti , add some pickled onions and spread mint chutney or tomato ketchup and roll to make it into kid's lunch box.
Paneer or cottage cheese is a good source of protein , adding it to your daily diet is very beneficial. If possible, try using homemade paneer as it will be fresh and there will be no preservatives.
If you are serving it to kid's then reduce the amount of spices as they might find it too hot and spicy.
You need some basic ingredients and spices to put up this delicious paneer recipe
Paneer ( Indian Cottage cheese ) - Always try to use Homemade or any fresh paneer that is available from known source. Use preservative free paneer , as it tastes the best and also body absorbs the nutrients easily when it is preservative free.
Produce - Onion , Ginger ,Garlic , green chillies and coriander leaves , these are the basic herbs used in this recipe
Spices - Cumin Powder (jeera powder ) and Blacpepper powder are used.
Soya sauce - It adds sour , salty taste along with brings out that dark colour to the dish.
Oil - Any flavourless cooking oil works well here.
Gram flour - Its one of the key and most important ingredient in this recipe . It helps to absorb excess moisture and just lightly coats panner cubes , giving distinct texture to paneer peppery dry recipe.
Others - Salt and lime juice , to give taste.
Always use Homemade Paneer ( Indian Cottage Cheese ) as it will be soft , fresh and yields better results.
Don't overcook Paneer as it turns chewy.
How to make Paneer Pepper Dry
Heat oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste,onion and saute well till raw smell goes off.
Add green chillies ,saute for a minute . Now add small cubes of paneer ,toss well .Cook until it turns slight golden brown in colour . It takes around 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
Add cumin and black pepper powder, soya sauce and salt . Toss well until water content dries up.
Now sprinkle gram flour(besan) over the paneer cubes . And toss on high heat , this helps to absorb extra moisture and coats the paneer lightly.
Finally sprinkle pepper powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves and adjust salt . Toss well and serve hot as a side dish.
Paneer Pepper Dry Recipe
- 200 grams Paneer ,cut into small cubes
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon Garlic paste
- ½ tablespoon Ginger Paste
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped ,less spice green chilly
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon Jeera/ Cumin seeds Powder
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour / Besan
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- ½-3/4 teaspoon Salt or as required - (note soya sauce contains salt)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add ginger garlic paste, chopped onion and saute well till raw smell goes off.
- Add green chillies ,saute for a minute,add small cubes of paneer ,toss well and allow to cook till you get slight brown in colour for 7-8 minutes.
- Add jeera/ cumin seeds powder and 1Tsp Black pepper powder, soya sauce toss well, till it becomes dry.
- Now sprinkle 1 tablespoon of gram flour/besan over the paneer. This helps to absorb moisture and coats the paneer lightly
- Add remaining salt, pepper powder, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, and toss well.
- Serve hot as a starter or a side dish.
- Always use Homemade Paneer ( Indian Cottage Cheese ) as it will be soft , fresh and yields better results
- Don't overcook Paneer as it turns chewy
It is very easy and delicious starter..
Thanks Nikhil, Just make sure not to overcook ,if done it becomes very dry and chewy 🙂