Paneer Pepper dry is a quick starter dish that can be prepared in jiffy. Paneer or cottage cheese is a good source of protein ,adding it to your daily diet is very beneficial. If possible, try using homemade paneer as it will be fresh and there will be no preservatives.
It’s all about throwing in few spices and sauteing paneer it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare this delicious starter.There is one more method of doing paneer pepper dry ,where paneer will be dipped in a batter and then deep fried and tossed with spices. As , I don’t prefer deep frying anything unnecessarily ,I’m not doing it . We can anyhow achieve a better taste without deep frying paneer. If possible , avoiding deep frying any of the animal based protein ,as you’ll not be benefited with what you eat.
Quick and Easy Paneer Pepper dry can be used as a starter , or as a side dish along with some rice, sambar/rasam or else it can even be used all alone along with a bowl of vegetable soup for your diet dinner, use it the way you want , all I can say is,this is very delicious and healthy too. If you are feeding the Kid’s then alter the amount of spice for them ,as they might find it too be bit spicy.
Other savoury paneer recipes on blog are Paneer Kalimirch Tikka , Paneer Tikka , Paneer Butter Masala , Shahi Paneer, Palak Paneer Bhurji , Palak Paneer , Aloo Paneer , Palak Paneer Pulao.
Other Paneer Sweets/ Desserts recipes on blog are : Mango Cheese Cake ,Pista Almond Paneer Rolls , Rasgulla , Rasmalai , Kalakand .
Recipe Card For Paneer Pepper Dry
Paneer Pepper Dry Recipe
Paneer cubes toss in spices , pepper powder and soya sauce .
Servings: 3 people
- 200 grams Paneer ,cut into small cubes
- 1 No Onion finely chopped
- 3/4 Tbsp Garlic paste
- 3/4 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped ,less spice green chilly
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper powder
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera/ Cumin seeds Powder
- 1 Tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Gram flour / Besan
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2-3/4 Tsp Salt or as required (note soya sauce contains salt)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves Chopped
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, add ginger garlic paste, chopped onion and saute well till raw smell goes off.
- Add green chillies ,saute for a minute,add small cubes of paneer ,toss well and allow to cook till you get slight brown in colour for 7-8 minutes.
- Add jeera/ cumin seeds powder and 1Tsp Black pepper powder, soya sauce toss well, till it becomes dry.
- Now sprinkle 1 Tbsp of gram flour/besan over the paneer. This helps to absorb moisture and coats the paneer lightly
- Add remaining salt, pepper powder, lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves, and toss well.
- Serve hot as a starter or a side dish.
Step By Step Directions for making Paneer Pepper Dry:
Heat oil in a non stick pan, add ginger garlic paste,onion and saute well till raw smell goes off.
Add green chillies ,saute for a minute,add small cubes of paneer ,toss well and allow to cook till you get slight brown in colour for 7-8 minutes.
Add jeera and black pepper powder,soya sauce,salt toss well,till it becomes dry.
Now sprinkle gram flour/besan over the paneer.This helps to absorb moisture and coats the paneer lightly .
Add pepper powder,lemon juice,coriander leaves,adjust salt toss well and serve hot . It tastes real good,give a try.
You can also use this paneer pepper dry to make some delicious rolls.
All you need in just roll roti with some pickled onions , paneer pepper dry and tomato ketchup. It tastes awesome and kids love this too in their lunch box.
(Visited 1,115 times, 1 visits today)