Tangdi Kebab is a popular kebab made with chicken leg pieces or drumsticks.Chicken pieces are tenderized by marinating with curds and spices overnight.
Authentic Kebabs are meat dishes,marinated overnight with whole lot of freshly ground spices ,skewered and cooked on charcoal fire basting oil occasionally.
Many vegetarian versions of kebabs are cooked from paneer,potato ,arbi,mushroom and many more with busting flavours to suit our Indian Palate.
There are many methods of doing kebab, which tastes ultimate when cooked on fire by basting oil using tandoor/grill. Here i’m posting a very easy method of preparing Tangdi Kebab by using pressure cooker, without using tandoor or any grill.Generally,Kebabs are marinated meat cooked on charcoal fire.
Modern day Kebabs in Indian trace their origin to the influence of the Mughlai Cuisine.Some varieties of kebab are more or less similar with their distinct taste, which can be credited to the use of the indian spices.Origin of Kebab is from Middle East.
Serve Kebabs hot with Mint chutney ,onion rings and lemon Wedges.
Recipe Card on Tangdi Kebab
Easy Tangdi Kebab
- 6 Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves
For 1st Marination
- ¼ Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Chilly Powder
- ½ Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Jeera Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Paste
- ¼ Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Salt
For 2nd Marination
- ¼ Cup Hung Curd
- ½ Tsp Garlic Paste
- ½ Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
- ½ Tsp Jeera Powder /Cumin powder
- ½ Tsp Kitchen King Masala
- ½ Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Refined Oil
- 1 /2 Tsp Salt
- Wash and clean chicken,make deep incisions on the drumsticks.
- In a mixing bowl,add all the ingredients under 1st marination and chicken,rub all spices to chicken pieces well and refrigerate for minimum 1 Hr .
- After 1 hr,add all the ingredients under second marination to chicken and mix well,so that chicken coats with all masala.
- Refrigerate marinated chicken drumsticks for minimum 5 hrs or overnight.
- Take a pressure pan ,arrange all the chicken pieces properly side by side.
- Pressure cook for a whistle,allow pressure to release on its own.
- Open the lid and cook on high flame ,so that water released from chicken dries up,it takes about 5-8 minutes.
- Take a Wok /Pan/ Tava/Griddle ,heat butter ,add chicken drumsticks and cook on high,so that chicken gets well coated with butter and gets crisp from outside.
- Turn off the heat ,add coriander leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot with onion rings,lemon wedges and pudina chutney
Step By Step Directions on making of Tangdi Kebab in Pressure Cooker:
1. Hung the curd prior preparation about 30 minutes.Thoroughly wash the chicken pieces and make deep incision with a knife.
2.Mix all the ingredients with chicken given under first Marination and keep aside for about 1 Hour in refrigerator. Again mix all the ingredients under second marination and keep for minimum 4-5 hours. You can keep it overnight in refrigerator,more time you keep for marination.More tasty and tender ,it will be.
3.Take a pressure pan,arrange the chicken pieces ,close the lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle. Once pressure is released on its own.Open the pan and keep on high flame so that all water gets dried up.
4.Now take a griddle,add some butter and arranged the cooked chicken pieces.Toss it and cook until butter get coated and chicken look crisp.
Add chopped coriander leaves and squeeze some lemon juice over it,and serve with onion rings, pudina chutney and lemon wedges.