Pudina Chutney or Mint Chutney recipe for tandoori dishes with step by step photos and video. Mint Chutney or mint dip used for tandoor dishes is a delicious dipping sauce made with fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves , yogurt and spices. This is a quick and easy chutney or dipping sauce recipe that can be made under 5 minutes.
About this recipe
This version of Pudina Chutney is used as a dipping sauce for many of the tandoor snacks and starters. This post shares pudina chutney recipe that is served in restaurants with tandoori dishes like chicken tikka , tandoori gobi, tandoori chicken , hara bhara kabab, paneer tikka and many more.
Fresh thick curd / yogurt is the most important ingredient in this recipe as it adds thickenss and creamy texture to this chutney along with a nice sour taste. Also raw onion in this recipe imparts a distinct taste to this chutney , so never skip onion in this pudina chutney.
There is one more variety of mint chtuney that is usually served along with indian snacks , if you are looking for snacks green chutney recipe then do check here.
Pro tips and variations
- Vegan / Dairy free option : Replace dairy yogurt with almond yogurt or cashew yogurt
- If you are making pudina chutney in large quantities or planning to make this chutney / dip in advance , then skip yogurt while blending . Only at the time of serving , add whisked yogurt into the chutney , mix well and serve immediately.
Recipe Card for Pudina Chutney / Mint Dip
Pudina Chutney | Mint Chutney Dip for Tandoori Dishes
- 1 Cup Pudina/Mint leaves
- ½ Cup Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- ½ Onion - medium size
- ½ inch Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Powder
- ⅓ cup Curds - thick
- Salt to taste
- Clean and wash pudina leaves , coriander leaves, onion , green chillies and ginger.
- Add all the above ingredients in a mixer or blender . add lemon juice, cumin powder , salt and blend to a smooth paste. If preparing in small batch then you can directly add thick curds into the blender and blend everything together.
- Beat curds till smooth . Just before serving add the above prepared chutney to the curds and mix well .
- Serve as a dip/ accompaniment along with any tandoori dishes
How to make Pudina Chutney / Mint Dip
Clean and wash pudina leaves , coriander leaves, onion , green chillies and ginger.
Add all the above ingredients in a mixer or blender . add lemon juice, cumin powder , salt and blend to a smooth paste. If preparing in small batch then you can directly add thick curds into the blender and blend everything together.
Serve as a dip/ accompaniment along with any tandoori dishes . In frame paneer tikka with mint chutney .
Serve this chutney or dip immediately along with any kind of vegetarian or non vegetariant tandoori dishes . Also this can be served as a dipping sauce with other snacks , starters like kebabs and varities of barbeques . This chutney is mostly served with tandoori dishes because the taste of mint , yogurt and spices blend well with flavourful and less spiced tandoori snacks , hence it is a perfect dip with tandoori snacks.
Latest updated picture , inframe chicken sheek kebab with mint dip