Easy Iced Coffee recipe is simple , instant , super affordable and tastes just like the gourmet café coffee-shops, if not better!
This is one of the best and easy iced coffee recipe that can be made within few minutes at home without any blender. With Sun soaring high , this drink is perfect for any time of the day and is great during summer.
Just like Hot Chocolate are for cold winter's day , Iced Coffee and Iced Tea are great during summer day.
About Iced Coffee
Be it a Iced coffee , Cold coffee , Black coffee , Instant coffee , Filter Coffee or Dalgona coffee , for me it's more than just a drink . If I start my with it, undoubtedly it keeps me alert through out the day or it refreshes me after a tried day ! So I claim Coffee is my BFF.
Though many uses the term Iced Coffee and Cold coffee synonymously, there lies differences between these coffee's . Cold Coffee is thick and creamy , tastes more or less similar to coffee milkshake, it will be chilled and has no Ice added. Where as Iced Coffee are thin , has very less milk or half and half it it and is filled with ice.
This is one best and easiest Iced coffee you can ever make at home . It is very economical and tastes as good as any Gourmet coffee shops or even better.
This Iced Coffee is refreshing , flavorful , sweet and delicious. Believe me this Iced Coffee can be your BFF if you are in a tropical country. Apart from caffeine's my other summer favorites include India's most popular Aam Panna , Sattu Drink and Variyali Sharbat .
You must try this recipe because
- Simple and Easy
- Low on calories
- Easily scalable
Warning : it can be addictive , more caffeine intake is not good for health.
To make this gourmet style beverage , all you need is just basic ingredients that are readily available at kitchen pantry. No fancy equipment or ingredeints needed hence I call this a Easy Iced Coffee
Instant coffee - of your choice, I used caffeinated Nescafe, you can use any brand of instant coffee you have. I recommend to use plain instant coffee here , don't go for flavored coffee granules. You can anyways play with flavors while making syrup.
Sugar - I used granulated brown sugar, you can use refined sugar, coconut sugar, sweetener, stevia or any type of sweetener you want .
Water - I use water in room temperature to dissolve coffee, sugar granules and any other flavors , if adding to make a flavored coffee syrup.
Milk - Any type of milk works for this recipe. My go-to includes cow's milk , half and half, when I don’t mind the extra calories and I want to treat myself. Condensed milk works well too. For non-dairy option choose soy milk or almond milk.
Flavors - My all time favorite and simple go -to includes few drops of vanilla extract and cinnamon powder. In fact , I'm hooked to this flavors, it adds so much flavor giving that typical Gourmet coffee kick.
Cold Brewed Coffee - Yes , you read it right . To get the balance and right intense coffee flavors to pop along with instant coffee , brewed coffee is required. Alternatively , coffee decoction used to make filter coffee can also be used here.
Ice: lots of it. You have to be careful how much you add because you don’t want the ice to water down the drink. Alternatively , if you need intense coffee flavor consider to add brewed coffee iced cubes than water iced cubes. You can also drink this non-alcoholic beverage with less or without ice, then you may need to change the name , I guess.
Tips and Variations
- You can add any flavors of choice to this drink. My favorites and easiest one are vanilla extract and salted caramel extract but you can use anything that you wish.
- If you are using condensed milk then you my not need to add extra milk and need to be careful while adding sugar. A condensed milk already contains , sweet.
- You can make this beverage vegan, vegetarian or keto-friendly to suit your dietary needs. Just make some smart swaps with the ingredients used and make it as per your diet.
How to make Easy Iced Coffee Recipe
To make syrup
In a mixing jar , take 100 ml of water at room temperature.
Add granulated sugar , instant coffee, vanilla extract and pinch of cinnamon powder . You can add any flavorings, as per your taste.
Stir well until sugar dissolves completely.
In a tall glass , fill half of ice cubes. For more intense flavor , you can use brewed coffee ice cubes also.
Pour cold brewed coffee over the ice.
Now pour milk or half and half into the glass.
Add milk or cream or half and half , as much as required depending on your taste. I have made a low calorie iced coffee , hence used less
To this pour prepared coffee syrup and fill with some more ice cubes.
Sip immediately and enjoy your iced coffee .
Easy Iced Coffee Recipe
To make Iced Coffee
- 100 ml cold brewed coffee
- 100 ml milk or half and half - use as required
- Ice cubes - to serve
- 100 ml water - room temperature
- 3.5 tablespoon of sugar - or as required
- 1 tablespoon of Instant coffee - unflavoured
- 2-3 drops of Vanilla extract - Optional add on’s
- 1 pinch of Cinnamon powder - optional add on’s
To make syrup
- In a mixing jar , take 100 ml of water at room temperature.
- Add granulated sugar , instant coffee, vanilla extract and pinch of cinnamon powder . You can add any flavorings, as per your taste.
- Stir well until sugar dissolves completely.
- In a tall glass , fill half of ice cubes. For more intense flavor , you can use brewed coffee ice cubes also.
- Pour cold brewed coffee over the ice.
- Now pour milk or half and half into the glass. Add milk or cream or half and half , as much as required depending on your taste and calorie , intake.
- To this pour prepared coffee syrup and fill with some more ice cubes.
- Sip on immediately and enjoy your drink !
- I have used less milk in this recipe to make a low calorie Iced Coffee , you can increase the amount of milk or cream or half and half , if you wish.
- You can add any flavors of choice to this drink. My favorites are vanilla extract and salted caramel extract but you can use anything that you wish.
- For more intense coffee flavor, use coffee ice cubes instead of water ice cubes.
Leave a Reply