Savoury Bread Toast is a delicious bread toast similar to Savoury French Toast. Bread slices are dipped in spiced , milk- egg batter with vegetables of your choice and cooked on a griddle to get a perfect fluffy Toast.
This is a version of Omelette Egg Toast with addition of milk . Adding milk helps to get a more fluffier Toast. Also vegetables of your choice can be added to make it more nutritious. Capsicum , Mushroom , Spinach , Carrot and Cabbage can be added.
I was working on a article on How to make kids , eat right? Kids always get attracted to colourful and bright food. Also they are very much influenced by environment and also ads on media. Adding more colours on plate and plating the dish as seen in ads also helps to make kids eat right.
Few more Kids after school snacks recipes which may interest you are : Vegetable Poha Cutlets , Besan Chilla , Green Peas Kheer , Whole Wheat Butter Biscuits , Masala Buns, Potato Wedges and Potato Smiley.
Well coming back to the recipe , with the article there came many recipes and one such recipe that I had forgotten to post here was this Savoury Bread Toast. Though it is a breakfast recipe , it can even be served as a after school snacks . If you are looking for a kids friendly recipe that is tasty , nutritious and energy giving, you can consider this. Its has all the 5 essential nutrients Carbohydrates , Protein , Fat , Vitamins and Minerals.
Other bread recipes on blog are Classic French Toast , Veg Sandwiches , Cheesy Bell Pepper Toast , Besan Bread Toast , Basic Avocado Toast , and Bread Upma
RECIPE CARD FOR SAVOURY BREAD TOAST
Savoury Bread Toast
- 2 No's Eggs
- 2 No's Whole Wheat Bread Slices
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 2 tablespoon Onions , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves , finely chopped
- 1 No Green Chilli ,finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Pepper Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Pinch Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt or as required
- 1 teaspoon Butter or Oil , for roasting
- In a wide flat dish , add milk and eggs
- Now in add in chopped vegetables and herbs of your choice.
- Add salt , red chilli powder , turmeric powder and black pepper powder
- Whisk well together
- Dip in one bread slice , coat the batter evenly on top of bread , with the help of spoon
- Heat a griddle/tava , add ½ teaspoon of butter. Place soaked bread gently on tava/griddle.
- Add butter/ oil on sides of the bread .
- Once the base becomes firm , flip and cook on other sides.
- Once evenly cooked on both sides, Serve Hot.
- Can add other vegetables like grated cabbage,carrot,mushroom , greens and capsicum .
- Quantity of spices can be altered .For more Indian flavours can add garam masala and cumin powder too.
- Don't soak bread for more than a minute , as it may become soggy.
- Be gently while lifting the soaked bread and placing on the griddle.
- Calorie Information is for per serving.
Step by Step directions for making Savoury French Toast
In a wide flat dish , add milk and eggs.
Now in add in chopped vegetables and herbs of your choice.
Add salt , red chilli powder , turmeric powder and black pepper powder.
Whisk well together.
Dip in one bread slice .
Coat the batter evenly on top of bread , with the help of spoon.
Heat a griddle/tava , add ½ teaspoon of butter. Place soaked bread gently on tava/griddle.
Once the base becomes firm , flip and cook on other sides.
Once evenly cooked on both sides, Serve Hot.
Serve hot ,You can even serve with some Ketchup 🙂
Very nice toast.
Thanks Pranita 🙂 Do give recipe star ratings.
This really looks inviting.. Very well presented too
Thanks Sunita ,I'm glad that you liked the food photography 🙂