Watermelon Feta Salad recipe with step by step photos and video. This refreshing watermelon salad with feta cheese , fresh mint and olive oil and lime juice dressing is perfect for summer. Watermelon feta salad is sweet , salty with hint of tang makes you feel Ohhh-la la la in every bite.
This watermelon salad is very easy to make just under 15 minutes with only 5 main ingredients. Its so refreshing that even those who don’t like fruity salads may love this one – the flavor is truly unique.
Checkout few more tasty and refreshing salad for this summer Palak Paneer Salad (Spinach Cottage cheese Salad ), Sicilian Cabbage Salad , Rajma Salad , Peanut salad , Moong Cucumber salad
About this recipe
Watermelon feta salad is a simple to make , yet very refreshing. Sweet , salt and tang are taste you get in every bite of this salad. Salt and tang in feta along with fresh mint leaves brings out the flavors in this salad.
Fresh mint along with the salty citrus dressing really brings out the flavor of the watermelon and feta cheese adds a perfect touch of creaminess to this recipe.
This combination of red , white and green not only looks just beautiful on the table but its the best for a potluck, backyard cook party or even a weekend brunch!
To make this refreshing salad all you need is watermelon , feta cheese and fresh mint leaves and lime juice dressing
Watermelon : Choose water melon that is well ripe and sweet. Use seedless watermelons or you can also remove the seeds . Cut watermelon into cubes and refrigerate , chilled watermelon works best in this recipe. Alternatively you can also scoop watermelon using melon baller and use watermelon balls instead of cubes.
Feta Chesse : Try to find a good goat or sheep’s milk feta . Feta is soft cheese with salt and tang flavor. It is crumbly and has a slightly grainy texture. As white cheese is aged in brine , it gets that salty tang flavor.
Fresh Mint Leaves : Adding fresh mint leaves makes this salad very refreshing.
Dressing : Lime juice and extra virgin olive dressing is simple and helps to bring out flavors from watermelon.
Tips and Variations to this recipe
- Always chilled watermelon works best for this recipe , hence make sure to chill watermelon before making salad
- Along with fresh mint leaves you can also add fresh basil leaves .
- As Feta Cheese has salty and tang flavor , adjust salt as per your taste. Just adding pinch of salt is also sufficient at times depending on the saltiness of feta.
- For a crunchy taste , tossed pecan or walnuts can also be added
- You may also add a little balsamic vinegar to dressing to get a flavorful tang taste in your salad.
- Always serve watermelon feta salad immediately . As it is not a good option for storing . Incase if you want store , then refrigerate watermelon and dressing separately . Mix mint leaves and top with feta only at the time of serving.
Step by step directions to make watermelon feta salad
Cut watermelon into cubes, remove seeds and chill in refrigerator prior to making this salad.
Transfer chilled watermelon cubes into a mixing bowl
For dressing , mix lemon juice , extra virgin olive oil and mint leaves . Add pinch of sea salt and black pepper powder to taste.
Pour dressing over chilled watermelon.
Now add in crumbled feta cheese.
Gently mix and serve immediately. Also sprinkle some feta on top of salad and serve.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 6 cups Watermelon cubes - deseeded
- 100 grams feta cheese - crumbled
- 3 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper powder
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Cut watermelon into cubes, remove seeds and chill in refrigerator prior to making this salad.
- Transfer chilled watermelon cubes into a mixing bowl
- For dressing , mix lemon juice , extra virgin olive oil and mint leaves . Add pinch of sea salt and black pepper powder to taste.
- Pour dressing over chilled watermelon.
- Mix well.
- Now add in crumbled feta cheese.
- Gently mix and serve immediately. Also sprinkle some feta on top of salad and serve.
Leave a Reply