Peanut Salad one of the most nutritious and energy giving salad. Peanuts are known for its healthy benefits ,it's rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA) and helps in lowering the Bad Cholesterol i.e,LDL. Just handful of peanuts can provide you with recommended dietary intake (RDI) of minerals and proteins. Its also rich in vitamin E. Roasting and boiling peanuts enhances its antioxidants bio-availability. So one will be definitely be beneficial by adding this in diet.
It's believed from many that Peanut as fattening nut, but actually it's NOT. Don't go by Myths go by Facts. So try to add this Salad in your diet as it has all goodness of protein, fat, vitamins and minerals.Tomatoes,capscium and cucumber too added in this salad, increases vitamin A and Vitamin C. You can have this salad in breakfast or evening snack like chat. If you are one among those whose prefer eating six-eight meals a day, then you should consider this salad for sure. Eat healthy, Stay Healthy.
Also like other salads ,no dressing oil or sauces are need for peanut salads because peanuts already contain good amount oil. So dressing is not needed here , only lime juice is added for a zing in taste. Also, one more variation of this peanut salad is peanut chat , where finely chopped onions , grated carrots , sev and chat masala is added.
RECIPE CARD FOR PEANUT SALAD
A healthy and nutritious protein rich salad.Print Pin Rate
Servings : 3 People
Calories / Serving : 82
- ⅓ cup Peanuts ,boiled
- ¼ cup Capsicum ,finely chopped
- ¼ cup Tomato ,finely chopped
- ¼ cup Cucumber ,finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves ,chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt or as required
- 2 pinches Cumin powder/ Jeera powder
- Take a pot ,add some water add peanuts ,add pinch of salt and boil it for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Drain water and keep peanuts aside.
- Finely Chop all the veggies, add boiled peanuts,coriander leaves, add salt ,red chilli powder ,jeera powder and lemon juice .
- Mix well and serve.
Subscribe to my YouTube ChannelClick here Palate's Desire !
- Use Peanut boiled water to knead atta or prepare any curry.
- Adding Capsicum gives a crunch and good taste, so don't skip capsicum.
Tried this recipe? I LOVE to seeSnap a photo and mention @palatesdesire
Step by Step Directions for making Peanut Salad.
Take a pot ,add some water add peanuts and boil it for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can pressure cook for 1 whistle. Drain water (you can use this water to knead atta or prepare any curry) and keep peanuts aside.
Chop all the veggies, add peanuts,coriander leaves,add salt,red chilli powder,jeera powder and lemon juice .
Mix well and serve.
Serve has a Salad or eat it as a chat , tastes delicious 🙂
Leave a Reply