Easy Lemon Rice recipe with Video and Stepwise Directions and pictures. This is one of the simplest rice recipe . Its quick, easy and delicious too. Basically lemon rice is tempered rice with addition of lime juice. This recipe is one of the variant of lemon rice but has no onion or groundnuts added . Also many temples in Karnataka , distribute this as prashad.
This is one of the quickest rice recipe , tempering ingredients, Green chillies, lime juice , grated coconut and coriander leaves are the main ingredients for this recipe. If rice is cooked and kept ready , hardly it takes 5 minutes to put up the dish. You can also you left over rice for this recipe. I always prepare rice before , spread it on a wide plate to cool and then I add rice . Because using rice that is warm or cold is very important in recipes of this kind.
Me being from Mysore , Karnataka , a place known for its paddy crop twice a year , Rice is the staple food at home. Hence wide varieties of rice recipes at home from breakfast to dinner do takes place. There are around 5 main varieties of lemon rice we prepare at home and this is one among them . Also recipe of Masala Lemon Rice is already shared on blog .
Few other most popular Karnataka Style Rice Recipes on blog are : Puliyogare , Raw Mango Rice , Masala Lemon Rice, Heralekai Gojju Chitranna, Khara Pongal , Bisi Bele Bath , Vegetable Bath , Tomato Bath , Masoor Dal Rice and Hesaru Bele Anna are few among them.
RECIPE CARD FOR EASY LEMON RICE | NO ONION NO GARLIC RECIPE
Easy Lemon Rice | No Onion No Garlic Recipe
- 4 cups Cooked Rice
- 3 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Chana Dal
- 2 tablespoon Urad Dal
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 pinch Hing / Asafoetida
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 6 no's Green Chillies , chopped - less spice variant
- 1 ½ -2 tablespoon Lime Juice or as required
- ⅓ cup Fresh Coconut Grated
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves , chopped
- 1 ½ - 2 teaspoon Salt or as required
- 2 tablespoon Fresh coconut grated , garnishing ,optional
- Heat oil in a deep pan ,add mustard seeds allow it to splutter.
- Add chana dal and urad dal ,saute till it turns deep brown in colour.
- Now add curry leaves , chopped green chillies and fry well.
- Add turmeric powder , hing and ½ teaspoon salt , mix well everything.
- Now add ⅓ cup of fresh grated coconut and saute well for a minute.
- Add 4 cups of cooked rice and mix well.
- Squeeze in fresh lime juice about 1 ½- 2 tablespoon of juice into rice.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and 2 tablespoon of grated coconut ,salt and mix well everything.
- Serve with coconut chutney and onion pakoda.
- Make sure to brown chana dal and urad dal but don't burn it.
- Use warm or cool rice before mixing with tempering .
Step by Step Directions for making Easy Lemon Rice Recipe:
Heat oil in a deep pan ,add mustard seeds allow it to splutter. Add chana dal and urad dal ,saute till it turns deep brown in colour.
Now add curry leaves , chopped green chillies and fry well. Add turmeric powder , hing and ½ teaspoon salt , mix well everything.
Now add ⅓ cup of fresh grated coconut .
Saute well for a minute.
Add 4 cups of cooked rice and mix well.
Squeeze in fresh lime juice about 1 ½- 2 tablespoon of juice into rice.
Add chopped coriander leaves and 2 tablespoon of grated coconut and salt.
Mix well everything.
Serve with coconut chutney and onion pakoda.
Tried it super taste
Yes , it's super easy and super tasty. Have pakoda or bajjiya along with some coconut chutney , accompanies so well that you end up having few extra morsels 😉😉😉 , I always do this so sharing my own experience 😆😆😆😆