Tomato Bath Recipe | Easy Tomato Rice recipe in Pressure Cooker
- 1 1/2 Cup Rice Jeera/Seeragam
- 2 Medium Onions finely sliced
- 4 Large Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Fresh Methi Leaves /Fenugreek Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 2 Tsp Red Chilly Powder or as required
- 1 Tsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tsp Salt or as required
For Masala Paste
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Coconut grated
- 1/2 Tsp Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- 1 Green Cardamom Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5" inch Ginger
- 8 Garlic cloves medium
- 4 Cloves
- 1.5 " inch Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes,drain water and keep it aside.
- In a Pressure Cooker,heat 1 Tbsp Ghee and 3 Tbsp Oil.
- Add Sliced onions and fry well till lightly brown. Add cleaned and washed chopped methi leaves,fry well till water content in methi dries up.
- In a mixer jar, add all the ingredients listed under "Masala Paste" and ground to a smooth fine paste ,add little water if required.
- Add masala paste to above fried onion and methi,fry till oil starts releasing from the corners.
- Add chopped tomatoes and 1/2 tsp of salt and saute till tomatoes are cooked.
- Add red chilli powder and fry well till oil starts releasing from the corners.
- Add drained rice ,mix well .
- Add 2.5 cups of hot water and salt.Close the lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Once pressure releases on its own, open the lid.Mix well everything,add chopped coriander leaves,1/2 Tbsp ghee and lime juice.
- Mix well everything and serve along with Onion raita.
Step By Step Directions:
Soak rice for 10-15 minutes.Drain and keep it aside.
Grind all the ingredients,listed under Masala Paste to a smooth paste, if required add very little water. Take a pressure pan and heat 3 Tbsp oil, and 1 Tbsp Ghee.Add onions and fry till it looks pink,add methi leaves fry till water content disappears.
Add the above grounded masala paste and fry well for 2-3 minutes till you get nice aroma then add finely chopped tomatoes saute for a minute and add red chilly powder saute on a medium heat till tomatoes are nicely cooked and oil leaves the corner. Now add rice and mix well and saute for 3 minutes.
Finally add hot water ,salt and pressure cook for a whistle.
Once pressure is released, add ghee,lemon juice,coriander leaves and mix well.Serve with onion raita.