Spicy masala oats omelette with step by step photos and video. Masala Oats omelette is a healthy and nutritious breakfast with goodness of eggs and whole lot of vegetables.
It's easy and tasty breakfast to kick start your day , gets ready under 20 minutes.
About this recipe
Masala Oats Omelette is a healthy , nutritious breakfast with goodness of eggs and whole lot of vegetables with a touch of Indian spices (masala) .
What can be better than an Egg to start your day with ? Its my first choice for breakfast, as its is nutritious with all essential nutritents and keeps us energised till next meal.
Adding oats and few veggies to Egg, makes it more colourful , fibrous and super nutritious. It tastes so good and looks beautiful that kids fall in love with it.
What more one can expect in an healthy breakfast ? You can add carrot, beans ,capsicum,cabbage,mushroom, peas and also greens of your choice to make it more healthier.
Though adding potatoes enhances the tastes, I don't recommend it for weight watchers as oats itself gives you the necessary carbohydrates and there is no need for extra carbs from starchy potatoes.
You can incresse the number of eggs , vegetables and spices as per your need.
Checkout the video
How to make Spicy Masala Oats Omelette
In a mixer add oats and all spices , salt and ground to a powder.
Break eggs into a bowl, add pinch of salt and seasoning , whisk well.
To this add powdered oats and whisk well , beat well, add milk and mix it. Adding milk would give you a fluffy omelette.
Add all chopped vegetables and greens of your choice and give a quick stir.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan, pour egg-oats batter ,close and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Once the base becomes firm,flip it and cook on the other side too for 2-3 minutes.
Cut it into wedges and Serve masala oats omelette hot or warm
Spicy Masala Oats Omelette Recipe
- ¼ Cup Oats - powdered
- 2 no's Egg
- 2 tablespoon Onions - finely Chopped
- 2 tablespoon Tomatoes - finely Chopped
- 2 tablespoon Capsicum - finely Chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Leaves - finely Chopped
- 2 tablespoon Milk - (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon Chilly Powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala
- ¼ teaspoon Dry Mango powder - (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon Pasta Seasonong - (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon Chilly Flakes - (Optional)
- ¾ -½ teaspoon Salt - or as required
- 1-½ tablespoon Oil
- Dry roast oats on a low flame. Transfer to a dry mixer jar / blender
- Add all spice powder and salt
- Blend oats to a powder in a mixer and make Oats flour / Oatsmeal.
- Break eggs into a bowl ,add milk and whisk well together
- Add oats flour with spices ,all chopped veggies to egg.Mix well together.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick pan,pour the egg batter ,and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes till base become firm.
- Now flip and cook on other side for 3 more minutes. or till done.
- Serve Oats omelette ,hot or warm .
- Adding milk , helps to get a fluffy omelette .
- You can increasse the eggs number and add more vegetables of your choices .