Guava Dipping Sauce recipe with step by step photos and videos. Guava dipping sauce is a sweet and spicy sauce with mild tangy taste.
Fully ripen guava are used to make this dipping sauce .The sweetness of Guava is well balanced with the heat of pepper and chili powder. A mild tang from apple cider vinegar balances the flavors .
I loved the taste of this delicious dipping sauce. Serve it along with Nachos or Tortilla chips for evening snack or party nights.
Note this post contains old images too, I have updated post and new images too.
About this recipe
This Guava dipping sauce was a thought that came to my mind while eating a fully ripened Guava. If Guava turns fully ripened , it turns yellow and it will be more sweet and fully soft. I prefer to eat guava , when its hard rather than eating ripen fruit. As there was a batch of over ripened Guava , I turned it into a dipping sauce . First time when I tried , it was good. Later , over the period of time tried it several 2-3 times to balance out flavors and texture. I must say , this fruit dip blows off your mind, Its a bomb. Tastes really good. Try it !
Facts about Guava
The known fact about guava is it's a nutrition packed fruit. But do you that , its a Negative Calorie Fruit . A single medium size Guava fruit contains about 68 calories but the amount of energy released when the body breaks down (digests and absorbs) food is more than 68 calories. Hence its called a Negative Calorie Fruit and is the best for Weight Loss .
Guavas are a low GI fruit and do not raise blood sugar levels. It is the best fruit for hormonal imbalances. Diabetics and heart patients can also enjoy this fruit.
Other recipes which I prepare from Guava are Green Guava Chutney and Guava Salad . Will share the recipe soon. If you are looking for similar dip recipes , do check Spicy Tomato Salsa , Pineapple Salsa and Hummus recipe .
Step By Step directions to make Guava Dipping Sauce:
Take 3 medium size , fully ripe guava. Place it in a blender / chutney jar , add ⅛ cup water and blend into a smooth paste to get about 1.25 to 1.5 cups smooth guava pulp puree.
Transfer the blended guava puree into a mixing bowl ,
Also add 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar and mix well everything. Now add ¼ teaspoon chlli powder , ¼ teaspoon pepper powder , salt and 1.5 tablespoon of Extra virgin olive oil .
Add in 1-2 teaspoon of chopped celery or coriander leaves . Give a nice stir and mix well everything.
Serve with Nachos / Tortilla chips.
Guava Dipping Sauce
- 3 no's Over Ripened Guava ,medium size
- ⅛ cup Water
- ½ tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1.5 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ½-3/4 teaspoon Salt or as required
- 1.5 tablespoon Coriander leaves / celery chopped
- Take 3 medium size , fully ripe guava. Place it in a blender / chutney jar and blend into a smooth paste to get about 1,25 to 1.5 cups of guava pulp puree.
- Transfer the blended guava puree into a mixing bowl , add in ⅛ cup water.
- Also add ½ to 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar and mix well everything.
- Now add ¼ teaspoon chilli powder , ¼ teaspoon pepper powder , salt and 1.5 tablespoon of Extra virgin Olive oil
- Add in 2 tablespoon of chopped celery , with a spoon , mix well everything.
- Serve with Nachos / Tortilla chips.
- You can add up to ¼ cup of water , adjust water as per the required consistency , not too thick nor too thin.
- You can adjust the spices , to suit your taste. If serving with Tortilla chips , add less salt.
Hey Thanks for this recipe , it's so simple and was a top dish in my potluck. Everyone were asking for the recipe and I just pointed to yours. Have a great day , bye.
Thanks , great to hear that you all loved it.