Pineapple salsa recipe with step by step photos and video. Pineapple salsa is a delicious combination of little sweet , little tang and little spice.
If you are hosting a party , then try out this pineapple salsa recipe which can be a definite super hit . Serve salsa as an appetizer with chips , grilled chicken or fish or on top of lettuce as a salad .
What is Salsa?
Salsa is a kind of Mexican sauce used as condiments and dips for tacos, tortilla chips and other Mexican food. Salsa can be may be raw or cooked, and are generally served at room temperature.
Traditionally , in tomato salsa , fruits and vegetables used are blitz together in a food processor till desired consistency is reached.
But in this pineapple salsa , instead of blitz dicing the fruits and vegetables smaller , yields a better salsa. More smaller you dice , more delicious salsa turns out with the meld of juices from all produce together.
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
To make Pineapple salsa few basic is easy to make with basic fresh ingredients
- Pineapple: Fresh ripe sweet pineapple works well in this recipe, though canned or frozen pineapple can be used , it will be too watery .
- Bell pepper: Green , Red or Yellow , any coloured Bell pepper can be used in this recipe, it adds some extra crunch and sweetness.
- Red onion: Onion’s pungent flavors balance out the tang and sweetness of the pineapple .
- Red Tomato : Sweet and tang of Tomatoes add extra flavor. Cheery tomatoes gives sweet taste while regular tomatoes adds sweet and tang.
- Jalapeno: Jalapeno cuts some sweetness and offers some heat to salsa , making it more tastier. If you have no jalapeno , you can try using green chilies as an alternative. I have used pickled Jalapeno in this recipe.
- Cilantro: Fresh Cilantro / Coriander leaves at the end , complete salsa without which I feel Salsa to be incomplete.
- Limes: Sour lime juice brings all flavors together. The burst of acidity is all you need in this recipe.
- Spices : None of the dish is complete without pinch of salt and pepper , which brings out taste in everything you add.
Step by step directions to make Pineapple Salsa :
Initially, fine chop all vegetables and fruits .
secondly, in a mixing bowl add pineapple ,onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers .
Add jalapeno and coriander leaves.
Add fresh lime juice
Sprinkle Salt, pepper powder as per your taste and gently mix well everything.
Finally ,cover and set aside for minimum10 minutes or more for flavors to meld together.
Serve with Chips , Tacos or as a salad with any Mexican meal.
- 2 cups Pineapple - finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion - finely chopped
- ½ cup Bell Peppers - finely chopped
- ½ cup Tomatoes - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Jalapeno - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Blackpepper powder
- 2 tablespoon Lime juice
- Finely chop all vegetables and fruits .
- In a mixing bowl add pineapple , onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers .
- Add jalapeno and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle Salt and pepper powder as per your taste.
- Add fresh lime juice and gently mix well everything.
- Cover and set aside for minimum 10 minutes or more for flavours to meld together.
- Serve with Chips , Tacos or as a salad with any Mexican meal.