Moringa Tea recipe with step by step photos and video.
Moringa tea is a wellness tea made with moringa powder , cumin seeds , mint leaves and lime juice.
This post shares a simple tea recipe with its nutritional information . Moringa is known for its health benefits adding it rightly in diet is useful in many ways.
What is Moringa ?
Moringa is considered as Nature's best ever multivitamin. Moringa Oleifera tree is called as Drumstick tree in India . Moringa Leaves , flowers and pods are edible parts of this tree. Compared to Moringa pods (Drumsticks) , moringa leaves contains myriad of nutrients and antioxidants. It's just not a hype , roughly moringa oleifera contains around 92 nutrients and 46 antioxidants .
Moringa leaves provide a powerful punch of nutrition and have an anti-inflammatory nature. Their antioxidative properties combined with their cellular-health protective properties make them a new ‘superfood’. They suppress the production of inflammatory enzymes and lower sugar levels. Make these a regular part of your diet to reap rich health benefits.
Do check , one more superfood Moringa recipe on blog : Moringa Ladoo
Variations to Moringa Tea Recipe
- Moringa : You can use either fresh Moringa Leaves or Dried Leaves . If not available , Moringa powder can be used.
- Other Ingredients like Ginger and Apple Cider Vinegar can also be added into this drink to consume on empty stomach.
Nutrition and Health Benefits of Moringa Oleifera
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals : Moringa leaves are rich in vitamins A, C, B1 (thiamin), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B6 and Folate. Moringa is a iron rich food, as it also rich in Vit C and Vit B , it helps in absorption of Iron.
- Rich in Amino Acids : Moringa leaves are rich in amino acids, the building blocks of proteins.
- Fights Inflammation : Moringa leaves are anti-inflammatory in nature due to the presence of isothiocyanates.
- Rich in Antioxidants : Anti-oxidative properties of moringa protect sagainst the damaging effects of free radicals. Vitamin C and beta-carotene act against free radicals.
- Good for the Stomach : Moringa leaves are beneficial against digestive disorders. Those who suffer from constipation, bloating, gas, gastritis and ulcerative colitis should add Moringa leaves to their diet.
- Improves Bone health : Moringa leaves are rich sources of calcium and phosphorus. Both of these elements are needed for good bone health and also fights against osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Improve Lactation : As it is very rich in calcium and all other nutrients , in Ayurveda , moringa leaves are used to improve lactation in nursing mothers.
- Helps in Weight Management : Moringa leaves increase fat burning in the body. They reduce cravings for food and boost metabolism. They also lower cholesterol.
- Good for Skin and Hair : Due to an abundance of antioxidants and nutrients, moringa leaves improve the health and appearance of skin and hair. They add suppleness to the skin and shine to the hair. The antioxidants present in moringa leaves reduce the appearance of fine line and wrinkles on the skin.
- Good for Detoxification : Moringa leaves are natural cleansers and help to detoxify the system. This helps to keep the body and increases immunity against various infections. They also increase the energy levels in the body. Source : Pharmeasy
RECIPE CARD FOR MORINGA TEA
- 800 ml Water
- 5-6 Mint leaves - torn
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Tsp Moringa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lime / Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Organic Honey as sweetener - optional
- Bring 4 cups of water to rolling boil.
- Add 5-6 mint leaves and 1 Tsp of cumin seeds / jeera.
- Let it boil until water is reduced to half the quantity.
- When water reduces to half, add 2 Tsp of Moringa powder.
- Regulate the heat to high , when it froths and comes up , turn off the heat.
- Cover with a lid and let it sit for 4-5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes , strain tea into a cup.
- Add organic honey to taste and squeeze in fresh lime juice.
- Sip warm tea on empty stomach on everyday morning for health benefits.
Step by Step Directions to make Moringa Tea
Bring 4 cups of water to rolling boil.
Add 5-6 mint leaves and 1 Tsp of cumin seeds / jeera.
Let it boil until water is reduced to half the quantity.
When water reduces to half, add 2 Tsp of Moringa powder.
Regulate flame to high , when it froths and comes up , turn off the heat.
Cover with a lid and let it sit for 4-5 minutes.
After 5 minutes , strain tea into a cup.
Add organic honey to taste and squeeze in fresh lime juice.
Sip warm tea on empty stomach on everyday morning for health benefits.