A Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2017 , Have a Cheerful Year ahead.
Let me start this year with my all time favourite Sweet,Kaju Katli aka Cashew Barfi. There was a birthday at home,call for a celebration. But bake a cake, cut a cake and celebrate……,put on some more inches on waistline……,wufffff thought itself horrified me.So love for indian home made sweets aroused and there came Kaju Katli ,which is Bday buddy’s favorite too.It’s such an addictive sweet ,I can’t stop myself from having kaju katli ,I love this sweet the most.If you too love this sweet ,then should definitely give a try as its very less time consuming and easy to prepare,provided you follow the steps properly. Be extra conscious while powdering the cashew,then you can never go wrong in getting those perfect Kaju Katli’.And all thanks to my new kitchen weighing scale,which helps me to measure properly and get those perfect Kaju Katli 🙂 . I’m Loving this ,Yum 🙂 Other Indian Sweets recipes on Blog are Carrot Halwa, Dates Halwa,Pumpkin Halwa , Rasgulla , Rasmalai ,Basundi , Pista almond Paneer Rolls, Coconut Barfi , Kalakand , Mysore Pak , Mohan Thal and Carrot Millet Kheer
Recipe Card for Kaju Katli
Kaju Katli Recipe | Cashew Barfi Recipe
Powdered Cashew nuts , Sweet Bars.Print Pin Rate
Servings (change the number to scale) : 20 Pieces
Standard Measurement Size 1 Cup =200ml
- 1 Cup Cashews (160 grams )
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100 Grams)
- 5 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tsp Ghee /Clarified butter for greasing
- In a Mixer jar ,add cashews and run in pulse mode for 5-8 seconds.
- Scrape the corners of the mixer jar with spoon and again pulse it ,till you get fine powder.
- In a nonstick pan ,heat 5 Tbsp of water, add sugar and allow it dissolve completely.
- Once water comes to boil ,lower the flame and add Cashew Powder.
- Mix well and cook ,test the doneness of cashew by taking small mass of cashew between your fingers and try to make small ball of it. If done, then turn of the heat.
- Allow the mixture to warm,grease your palm with some ghee and start kneading the cashew mixture .
- Knead well to a smooth dough,once oil starts releasing from cashew , stop at that point immediately.
- On a butter paper, using rolling pin ,roll the cashew dough into 3mm thickness.
- Cut into desired shape when still warm and serve when cooled.
- Get Cashews Powdered Properly,that is the main key to get perfect kaju katli.You can even sieve cashew powder to get that fine powder.
- Knead the cashew mixture well,so that you get a smooth dough. While kneading ,if oil start to leave from cashew dough,stop at that point immediately.
- If cashew mass becomes more hard and if you find it difficult to knead then you can add 1-2 tsp of milk to knead the dough,but shelf life will be reduced.
- If you need,you can even add a drop of rose essence to cashew mixture once you turn off the heat ,before kneading.
Step By Step Directions:
Take whole Cashews in a grinder and grind to a powder. Need to be extra careful here as cashews may leave oil and may become paste. So to get it right,just grind it for 8 seconds,stir it with a spoon and again grind it for 6-7 seconds.It should be powdered well. If you using cashew bits ,then it even takes less time to get powdered. Incase if you are not sure of getting it right, then one easy way to ground cashew is by adding 2 tbsp of sugar along with cashews. By doing this ,it’s easy to get fine powdered cashews .Even if it’s slightly coarse in texture,don’t worry but don’t over grind it,then you’ll end up in getting cashew paste.
In a nonstick pan,add 5 tbsp water and add 1/2 cup sugar(Incase if you have added 2 tbsp Sugar while grounding cashews ,then reduce 2 Tbsp sugar from 1/2 cup Sugar).Once sugar gets completely dissolved and starts to boil,reduce the heat to low flame and add the cashew powder and mix well.No need to get any string consistency for sugar,it just need to get dissolved completely.
Stir well and mix cashew powder along with sugar syrup,gentle mix everything after 4-5 minutes it starts to thicken and can form a mass. To check,smear some ghee on your fingers and put a small drop of cashew mixture,if you can make a ball out of it,then it’s a perfect consistency. Turn off the heat ,and allow it to for 4-5 minutes.
After 4-5 minutes,once you are able to handle the heat,smear 1/2 tsp ghee on palm and fingers and knead the cashew mass.You can also gloves for kneading,if you want.If you are using gloves,then add 1/2 tsp of ghee to the cashew and then start kneading.once you knead well,youll get a smooth thick dough.
Place dough on a butter paper and roll it using a rolling pin to 3mm thickness.Cut it into desired shape when its still warm.
You can store it upto a week if refrigerated or else 3-4 days in an airtight container.
(Visited 428 times, 1 visits today)