Strawberry Chia Pudding is a simple , lightly sweet and delicious breakfast loaded with fresh strawberries and chia seeds ! This quick breakfast is healthy and takes just 5 minutes to whip up together!
This is one of the easiest and super healthy breakfast recipe that you can ever imagine. There are quite a few similar recipes, which are quick, nutritious and are on the go . Few of my favorites includes Papaya Oats Milk shake, Peanut Butter Oat Smoothie , Keto Mushroom Eggs and Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats .
About this recipe
Strawberry Chia Pudding is delicious and loaded with fresh fruity flavors. This satisfying treat can be served as a breakfast or dessert too , honestly it's so good.
When ever I eat these juicy , sweet and tang berries my day brightens up instantly. So made this delicious and healthy Strawberry Chia Pudding to super charge my morning. This healthy chia pudding , super charges your morning and keep you energize for rest of the day .
- Quick , Simple and Tasty
- Loaded with Nutrients
- No Refined Sugars
- Easily scalable
To make this dessert like breakfast , you'll only need a few simple ingredients:
Chia Seeds - Chia seeds are superfood and one of the healthiest seeds on planet . It's perfect to add this tiny seeds to make a wholesome balanced breakfast. These tiny seeds are loaded with nutrients , fibers, essential minerals and vitamins and healthy omega 3's .
Milk - I used Almond Milk here , but can use any non dairy milk like Oat Milk, Soya Milk in this recipe. Adding coconut milk makes this a totally new flavor pudding as it interfere with flavors. You can use skimmed low fat chilled cow's milk if you prefer.
Strawberry - Strawberries tastes amazingly good with its sweet and sour tone. These deep red small beauties are powerhouse of nutrition with many health benefits. They are great source of fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. I have used only strawberries here but you can also combine with banana , as it tastes great too.
Peanut Butter - I have used homemade natural peanut butter here . I recommend to use creamy peanut butter in this recipe . Adding Peanut butter contributes to a overall creamy texture of pudding and also nicely pairs with strawberries. Also it adds some extra nutrients, making this strawberry chia pudding more satisfying and wholesome.
Sweetener - Though you can add any sweetener of your choice , I prefer to use raw honey as it is unrefined and has many health benefits. Depending on your taste , feel free to adjust sweetener. Vegans can use maple or date syrup here.
Flavoring- I have used vanilla and cinnamon powder , you can use anything as per your choice and availability.
Toppings - I totally gave this breakfast a dessert look by adding chopped strawberries , chocolate chips, chopped almonds and my kid's favorite chocolate wafer rolls. You can also go ahead and add any of your favorite toppings like assorted nuts, fruits and seeds .
- To make it more nutrient rich add 1 scoop of protein powder or maca root powder
- For Vegan option use Maple syrup instead of Honey.
- Along with strawberry another choice of fruit is banana , it pair up well in this pudding.
Though , it just need 20 -30 minutes for pudding to form . If planning for breakfast , you can Prep the night before - make strawberry chia pudding and put it into jar with a lid. Place it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, before serving top with fresh diced strawberries, Chocolate chips and chopped almonds or assorted nuts and fruits.
How to make Strawberry Chia Pudding
Into mixer jar , add fresh Strawberries, almond Milk, vanilla extract , cinnamon powder and peanut butter.
Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes . It takes just 2 minutes to blend everything. Taste and adjust sweetener , if required.
Add chia seeds into smooth Strawberries milk shake and give a nice stir.
Pour into the serving glasses,
Cover and set side for 20 minutes for chia seeds to form pudding.
After 20 minutes, top with Chopped strawberries, almonds , chocolate chips or any of your favorite toppings.
Enjoy dessert tasting nutritious strawberry chia pudding for your breakfast .
Strawberry Chia Pudding Recipe
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup Almond Milk or any milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder - optional
- 1 -2 tablespoon Honey - as per your taste
- Fresh Strawberries , chopped
- Almonds, chopped
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate Wafer rolls, optional
- Into mixer jar , add fresh Strawberries, almond Milk, vanilla extract , cinnamon powder and peanut butter.
- Blend on medium speed for 2 minutes .
- Add chia seeds into smooth Strawberries milk shake and give a nice stir.
- Pour into the serving glasses, cover and set side for 20 minutes for chia seeds to form pudding.
- After 20-30 minutes, top with Chopped strawberries, almonds , chocolate chips or any of your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy dessert tasting nutritious strawberry chia pudding for your breakfast .
- It needs just 20-30 minutes for pudding to form. But you can Prep the night before - make strawberry chia pudding and put it into jar with a lid. Place it in the fridge overnight.
- For a thick pudding , instead of ¼ cup chia seeds you can use ⅓ cup chia seeds.
- This recipe can be easily scaled up or down as per your requirement.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Though fresh strawberries works well in this recipe , frozen berries can also be used.
What are storage suggestions ?
Seal left overs in a air tight glass jar and store up to 2 days in the fridge.
Leave a Reply